Annah's new band Dead Shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annah's new band Dead Shot

Hey guys! Yep, it's that time again... time for Annah to come back to the JCF with exciting news! ;P After years of being in other people's bands, I've finally started up one of my own! It's called Dead Shot and consists of me on lead guitar (I'm the only guitarist, actually), Katie Halle on vocals, Johnny Harrison on bass and Pascal Heck on drums. Our style is something of a blend of Black Label Society, Nashville Pu$$y, AC/DC, Megadeth, TOOL, Motley Crue and many others. We get wild on stage and have a good time and love to integrate our fans into our shows. Our look is a cross between western and sleaze rock.

We have upcoming Arizona shows with some national/international bands: Sister Sin, Powerman 5000, Kamelot, Alestorm, Tristania, The Agonist, and are traveling to Amarillo, TX in July to play. So if you're in any of those areas, let me know and I'll get you tickets! Also, we're looking to branch out to other states, so let me know if you have any ideas on that, also!

Hope all my old friends here are doing well! Rock on!

Heck & Halle?

Looks really cool, Annah. I'll have to wait to get home to properly check it out, but glad for the update
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Are you still playing in e-bomb Annah?

Edit : Your singer sounds like Carrie Akre a bit. (Hammerbox, The Rockfords)

Last edited by Hellbat; 04-14-2011, 09:21 PM.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Cool! Welcome back again, Annah.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Cool, the rehearsals sound great.

Still in love with your Rev?
          I like EL34s.

Comment

Demos sound good. Congrats!

Comment

Very Cool.
              "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Yee-haw!

Quite a change from e-bomb, heh. Which was quite a change from Ignitor...
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Sounds good, Annah, and lookin' good as a blonde bombshell too! You are really a musical and visual chameleon, and you always look and sound great! Keep it rocking, girlfriend!
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Thanks you guys! Katie does sound kinda like Carrie. Grim, not using the Rev+ with Dead Shot. It sounds stellar with my KE2/EMG81 but - you guys are gonna kill me now - I'm playin' a Gibson SG standard through my JCM2000 for this band. (Annah ducks under her desk, lol). The Marshall and SG have the tone I'm looking for in this project. And in defense of my choice of guitars, the SG seems to weigh almost half what my RR1 and KE2 do, which makes a huge difference in terms of mobility for me on stage. I didn't realize how heavy those guitars are! I love them though, and will probably break the Rhoads out of its case before too long. I've put a lot of miles on those in recent years, so I'm giving them a much due rest.

Hellbat - No. I left ebomb. I had no ownership in the music, was not given any opportunities to solo, and was weary of being the only one doing promotion. They're good guys though, and I wish them the best! I'm sure they'll be back in action at some point. I think they're taking time off now though.

Lerx - Haha! Yeah, I guess I am kind of a chameleon huh? Hehe. (thanks about the blonde bombshell look, :-) I just love making good music. I am so excited about this band, more so than any other, because I am writing all the guitar riffs, solos, etc., and almost all the song structures. In the first three weeks I wrote 10 songs worth of stuff, seven of which we've nearly completed. I'm also super-happy to be getting back to my roots, which people often said was "80's rock/metal" which I guess is true. I'm leveraging lots of good ol' Randy-type stuff and playing it live feels friggin' awesome!!

Things are going great for us so far. I've been talking to Mike Doling (Snot, Soulfly, Channel Zero) about producing our first record. He is pretty pumped about us. We're also talking with Ryan Greene (another Hollywood producer) who is also very excited about us. We're shooting for August to record. Also, looking into management.

This is the first time I really feel a big wave underneath a band. Other bands I've been in were great, but none have had the amazing undercurrent this one already has, and we only started a few weeks ago! What is amazing too is that we got booked for Sister Sin, Kamelot, and Powerman 5000 and the promoter hadn't even heard our music or seen pics of us. He did see video of Katie, and of me, though. Have you seen where my knee buckled at one of the last ebomb shows? Turns out I have a disconnected ACL in my right knee. Check this out :

And some recent footage of me soloing... :-)

Thanks again, you guys! <3
                    Last edited by Annah; 04-15-2011, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Annah View Post
                      Thanks you guys! Katie does sound kinda like Carrie. Grim, not using the Rev+ with Dead Shot. It sounds stellar with my KE2/EMG81 but - you guys are gonna kill me now - I'm playin' a Gibson SG standard through my JCM2000 for this band. (Annah ducks under her desk, lol). The Marshall and SG have the tone I'm looking for in this project. And in defense of my choice of guitars, the SG seems to weigh almost half what my RR1 and KE2 do, which makes a huge difference in terms of mobility for me on stage. I didn't realize how heavy those guitars are! I love them though, and will probably break the Rhoads out of its case before too long. I've put a lot of miles on those in recent years, so I'm giving them a much due rest.

Hellbat - No. I left ebomb. I had no ownership in the music, was not given any opportunities to solo, and was weary of being the only one doing promotion. They're good guys though, and I wish them the best! I'm sure they'll be back in action at some point. I think they're taking time off now though.

Lerx - Haha! Yeah, I guess I am kind of a chameleon huh? Hehe. (thanks about the blonde bombshell look, :-) I just love making good music. I am so excited about this band, more so than any other, because I am writing all the guitar riffs, solos, etc., and almost all the song structures. In the first three weeks I wrote 10 songs worth of stuff, seven of which we've nearly completed. I'm also super-happy to be getting back to my roots, which people often said was "80's rock/metal" which I guess is true. I'm leveraging lots of good ol' Randy-type stuff and playing it live feels friggin' awesome!!

Things are going great for us so far. I've been talking to Mike Doling (Snot, Soulfly, Channel Zero) about producing our first record. He is pretty pumped about us. We're also talking with Ryan Greene (another Hollywood producer) who is also very excited about us. We're shooting for August to record. Also, looking into management.

This is the first time I really feel a big wave underneath a band. Other bands I've been in were great, but none have had the amazing undercurrent this one already has, and we only started a few weeks ago! What is amazing too is that we got booked for Sister Sin, Kamelot, and Powerman 5000 and the promoter hadn't even heard our music or seen pics of us. He did see video of Katie, and of me, though. Have you seen where my knee buckled at one of the last ebomb shows? Turns out I have a disconnected ACL in my right knee. Check this out :

And some recent footage of me soloing... :-)

Thanks again, you guys! <3
                      Hey, I feel you on the SGs. I picked up the 50th Anniversary 24 fret one back in February. Sounds great through the Mark V. I'm looking for an Orange Rockerverb to play with it... those heads sound fantastic for rock/hard rock/blues... have enough gain to get you into that metal territory too.
                      I like EL34s.

Comment

It's funny, I've never been able to bond with SG's or Les Pauls. I've tried several of each since the early 1980's and never found one that felt right to me. It might be the shorter scale, I don't know. A lot of my favorite players (Rhoads, Iommi, Moore) have played them and I love the looks and sound of them, but they just don't feel right on me.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Nice.
                          Why hunt ... when there is no machine gun season?

Comment

Working...
                          X