No announcement yet.

Wtf nuno????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuno was not forced at gun point on that stage...
    sigpic
    Action Jackson

Comment

I kinda like it but not that much, it should be even more obvious that it's bullshit performance. I'd personally would have done jerk-off motion on the neck. It's a fucking circus and should be treated like it.
      It would be an analogue to Fellini's film-making, most Italian films ever made have been dubbed, recording the actors live has been only practiced for 2-3 decades but in the 60's when its neighboring countries went pretty much full time with live recording and "realistic" vibe, Fellini, the great man who made circus on the screen on the other hand wanted the actors to talk slightly out of sync compared to the actual mouth movement on the screen.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
        Whose career is further along, yours or Nuno's? Just sayin'....
        What is that suppose to mean? I don't see the connection to my comments.

Look, if it's true that he is out of sync only to be provocative and show his disgust, that lerx, is old and stupid. If he want to keep the job, he should respect it instead of being a hypocrite.

You can't accept a job and then show disrespect on stage, just to let your real fans know that you haven't sold out. That's hilarious. You sold out. End of story.

I wonder if there might have been a technical issue on stage, where Nuno couldn't hear the soundtrack or heard it out of sync and did his best to follow suit.
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
          I kinda like it but not that much, it should be even more obvious that it's bullshit performance. I'd personally would have done jerk-off motion on the neck.
          Hypocrite. Utter utter hypocricy. Stay true or stay out.
          Henrik

Comment

Play it or stay home!!!!

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
              Hypocrite. Utter utter hypocricy. Stay true or stay out.
              I can't take something like this very seriously. It's my curiosity and sense of humour, I dare to test how far the boundaries go even if it means loosing a big pay check. When it comes to music or any other performing art I have absolutely no sense of following some professional business ethic.
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

What I don't understand is why accept a job only to piss on it during execution? If that's the case with Nuno here, he's a greedy coward. Or hypocrite. I can't find a better word for it. It's not cool.
                Henrik

Comment

Coward? Are you kidding me? Most people in that situation would be incredibly obedient.

Why piss on it? Probably the one who's doing the pissing finds it amusing. I've had offers to "sell out" and play incredibly boring crap, when I have more time in the future I intend to do so only to slaughter the performance with extreme metal riffs and wank-fest solos during some important show.

Comment

Anybody remember the intro for Mourning Widows "All Automatic"?
                    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

First time I saw Nuno with a 7 string....even if it wasn't live

Comment

Maybe he figures that if he isn't allowed to play it live it's better to show his displeasure with that by making it really obvious that he is not really playing? If Rihanna can't tell the diff, why should he care?
                        +1
                        Nuno's a twenty-year vet with extensive video experience. You think he doesn't know exactly what he's doing in front of a camera?

Besides, everyone is missing the important part > NUNO WAS ON AMERICAN IDOL! Kewlness!
                        Last edited by nor; 04-18-2011, 08:52 PM. Reason: forgot the quote
                        750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                        Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                          Making it obvious that he is really not playing, would be idiotic. He isn't making any cool statement doing so, other than looking like a jerk. Either you synchronize 100% or you don't do the performance.
                          Artists do this all the time. DaVinci was infamous for it. Directors use a psudonym if their film get edited in ways they don't apporve of, etc.

Check this clip of Maiden doing this - fuggin hilarious!
                          Metal legends Iron Maiden make a mockery out of a German TV show that required them to use playback and lip syncing instead of actually playing the song. I wish I could've seen the faces of the network execs once this got going.

Classic.
                          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Ahh, who knows, he might have had an off day. When I do it though it just sounds bad. LOL
                            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

They had mentioned Nuno playing with Rhianna, a while back on "That Metal Show". And while I don't like Rhianna-type music, I don't have any less respect for him. I'm sure no one is knocking down his door for an Extreme reunion. Plus remember, the poor economy hit the music industry hard, so a gig is a gig.
                              Fender Stratocaster HRR50's Sunburst MIJ
                              Fender Stratocaster HRR60's Fotoflame Crimson MIJ
                              Jackson Dinky DK2M Burnt Orange Limited Run

Comment

Originally posted by axeman417 View Post
                                They had mentioned Nuno playing with Rhianna, a while back on "That Metal Show". And while I don't like Rhianna-type music, I don't have any less respect for him. I'm sure no one is knocking down his door for an Extreme reunion. Plus remember, the poor economy hit the music industry hard, so a gig is a gig.
                                He did get an offer for an Extreme reunion on a VH1 reunions i believe. I watched the show, the entire band got behind it but Nuno wouldn't do it, in fact he was a bit hostile about it. Apparently playing air guitar on American Idol is not beneath him tho

Comment

Working...
                                X