Noob questions about a Warmoth neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob questions about a Warmoth neck

I want to get a Warmoth neck for my Charvel San Dimas. I have a few noob questions.
    1. Will the neck be a direct swap with the Charvel neck? It's just a regular Strat-type 4 bolt dealio, not recessed or anything fancy.
    2. I noticed that the necks with a Floyd nut have two holes in the back of the neck, where the headstock starts. How the heck does that work? My San Dimas doesn't have these holes, I am assuming they are the two holes on the front of the guitar's nut. I was thinking of using the hardware (locking nut. tuners, etc.) from my current neck on the warmoth neck and was wondering if I would need any extra screws or something.
    3. As far as nut width and string spacing, I want an identical feel to my current Charvel neck. I know that it is a 1 11/16 nut width, but what kind of locking nut does the Pro Mod San Dimas come with? I looked at the nut and it said BR3, so I'm guessing R3 but I want to be absolutely sure.
    4. What neck profile would be closest to the Music Man AXIS? Also, as an alternative, what neck profile would be closest to the San Dimas?
    I know it's a lot of questions, but before I spend $400 on a neck, I want to be sure I get EXACTLY what I want.

BTW, for anyone wondering what I plan on ordering, here's what I have so far:
    Wenge neck, Kingwood fingerboard, 10-16" compound radius, 6100 gold fretwire, that's about it.
    -A great man once said, "EMGs, they make a bad guitar sound good, and a great guitar sound good."
    My Rig- Charvel San Dimas Style 1
    Hands, featuring Fingers

1. No. There will be a large gap. Also the Charvel neck bolts will be too big. The Charvel neck is 2 1/4" at the hell, the Fender/Warmoth is 2 3/16".
    2. You can order a standard top-mount nut if you want. The rear mount is an option.
    3. R3 nut.
    4. I don't know. What is the Music Man Axis neck profile? Warmoth lists their neck profile measurements, compare them.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
      The Charvel neck is 2 1/4" at the hell....
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

go Musikraft as they'll build you one closer to SD Charvel
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
        X