Played my first live gig last Friday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Played my first live gig last Friday!

Got to rock out with my RR1T and the Death Kitty. We were playing a small back room at a pub for about 35-40 people playing all originals. Being my first time live and looking back, I'm seeing mistakes I made in the performance part of the show, including spending too much time looking at the band instead of connecting to the audience. But I am pretty new to the whole band thing anyways and still depend on visual cues a lot when playing.

Regardless, I had a blast. Here's a couple of pictures that a buddy emailed to me.

GTWGITS! - RacerX

People dancing to your originals. Way to go!

Death Kitty FTW!
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Pretty dark club there!

Congrats!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah no real stage lighting, just the pot lights in the ceiling hehe.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Any pics with the RR1T? Bald guys with goatees RAWK!!

MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Lucky! I was trying to find a Hello Kitty guitar for my daughters bday a couple weeks ago and theyre nowhere to be found!
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Congrats, always interesting the first time.

A couple more gigs and you'll be tossing the kitty over your shoulder and behind your back like Yngwie.

And bring some raw meat to throw next time too.
              Jackson KV2
              Jackson KE1T
              Jackson KE1F
              Jackson SL1

Comment

Congrats! I haven't played a gig since I was a teenager. I'm hoping to get started again with my new band.

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
                  Any pics with the RR1T? Bald guys with goatees RAWK!!

The wife got a decent shot with the Rhoads. I will say I look a lot thinner from my own eyes than I do in photographs hahah!

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
                    Confucious say "Get whole beard in shot!"
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Here's a quick clip of me finishing off a solo. I was bringing out my inner Hammet with the wah on this one.

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                      X