No announcement yet.

Why aren't we rioting in the streets??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why aren't we rioting in the streets??

About gas prices.
    jeez...
    Exxon posts record 3rd quarter profits.

Either riot or buy a kick ass siphon.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

Because the media likes our President.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

very simple, riot and get cut down , these companies own the freakin' world, and it's gonna stay that way until the oil runs out whenever that may be.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Increasing demand in China, India, and the rest of the developing world, coupled with no big increases in production to meet that demand. I was reading an article earlier about how China double fucks us: They buy up US dollars as part of their effort to keep their currency artificially low & keep the exchange rate favorable for all their exports, then they use the dollars to buy oil.

IMO, the only way to go is to become the world leader in alternative fuel technology. It will create jobs, make the Middle East less important to us so we can quit acting like an empire over there, and hopefully eventually bankrupt the people funding terrorism. Here is one example of an alternative fuel technology that uses genetically engineered bacteria to produce diesel fuel, ethanol, or other liquid fuels directly from sunlight, water and pressurized CO2, with no corn, switchgrass, sugar cane, or any other intermediate biological material:

http://www.jouleunlimited.com/

The bacteria can live and do their thing in salt water, so fresh water isn't required, and the whole thing is net carbon neutral. As much CO2 goes in at production as is released when the fuel is burned. The main guy behind the company is one of the key players from the Human Genome Project. Their technology is so advanced that it doesn't qualify for any federal funding, because all of that money is targeted at the dead-end stuff that uses corn or whatever.

Instead of throwing tax breaks at Exxon, bailing out thieves to the tune of a trillion dollars, and spending $300,000 a minute in Iraq and Afghanistan, this is where our tax dollars need to be invested, imo. Scale this shit up like it's the fucking Manhattan Project or the Moon race.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
            or any other intermediate biological material:
            Humans! Two birds with one stone!
            I like EL34s.

Comment

Were all too tired nowadays.
              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

It's still Bush's fault?

:shrug:

Comment

Because we're too busy lining up at the pumps to pay for it.

They've made so many billions that they could give it away for free for a year and not miss the money (of course that means the execs who've been pocketing record "earnings" will have to fund the companies, but they've got it covered).

They raise it up just to watch us pay it. It's got nothing to do with supply and demand, regardless of what everyone says. There's plenty of supply. They tell the arabs how much they're going to pay for a barrel, not the other way around.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

we arent rioting in the streets because we are weak. we are all a bunch of pussies and refuse to do anything about it. instead we just sit on our fat asses, eat cheeseburgers, bitch & whine and watch american idol and waste our life away.
                    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Fusion will take care of all that shit in about 15 years. Let the babies have their bottle while they can...........

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                        we arent rioting in the streets because we are weak. we are all a bunch of pussies and refuse to do anything about it. instead we just sit on our fat asses, eat cheeseburgers, bitch & whine and watch american idol and waste our life away.
                        then take the lead my friend, and i'll watch you lead your rioting army get thoroughly
                        mowed down like grass while i'm on the couch on my ass eating cheeseburgers.

bottom line, china and india are exploding, their consumption is soaring, and all the while we've been so conservative with our consumption over the years, i'm starting to think maybe we should riot in the streets, in china and India. Go get 'em Tone.
                        america and it's oil consumption are , there is no word.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                          +100000000000
                          We've become lazy and complacent, not to mention dependent. I've seen people pile into their cars to drive three or four blocks down the street to the store to buy cigarettes, junk food or more gas. Truth be told, I've been guilty of it myself. Nobody actually walks anymore unless it's to intentionally work out. There's a guy in my neighborhood that gets out every morning and jogs 5 miles, then comes home and drives a couple of miles to a local restaurant to meet his buddies for morning coffee.... WTF???? Makes no sense to me.. We're all wasteful in our own ways I guess.
                          Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Didn't we just conquer an oil rich country, that we're spending billions in rebuilding instead of it paying for itself? What happened to 'the spoils of war' or would that be a non-PC move to the rest of the world to just take the oil? I'd never dreamed I'd see greed (CEO's) on the scale that corporate USA has come to. I'd like to get a bigger return on my investments too, but not at the cost of other peoples health, well being, or even their lives.
                            "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                              no big increases in production to meet that demand.
                              Thats the part that pisses me off, purposefully making the supply dwindle to jack up the price. We screwed Pete Roses ass to the wall for that shit, and thats just baseball. We police every other nation when they do something we dont like, but when it comes to the oil we just bend over and take it. Weve got our own oil but the various treacherous environmentalist wacko special interest groups that we have protected by our constitution wont let us drill for it, treason.

What if an American company of commodities saw a rise in demand but decided it was in there interest to fix the supply so they could make more money on what was already being produced? IT WOULDNT FLY unless there was some Washington shmuck that was wetting his beak on it too. I used to think all that politician oil crap was a bunch of nonsense, but the longer this oil bullshit goes on, the more inclined I am to believe it. I am sure that weve all had enough of it, but WE WONT stop it. If something hasnt been done about it yet, then its because the government has SOME reason not to. You draw your own conclusion as to why.
                              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Working...
                              X