Imprt duty and VAT refund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imprt duty and VAT refund

Those morons are crap at maths. HMRC and Parcelforce are unhelpful. I want to claim the difference they've charged me. WTF do I call?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Click image for larger version

Name:	call_someone_who_gives_a_shit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	2445396

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I was hoping someone in the UK would give me the answer, not Mr.Fatassclown.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Simon! Less of that, you naughty little scamp. Sorry RacerX, I'll spank him thoroughly, though I suspect this is what he wanted.

Wilksy Baby, why do you think you are due a VAT refund? Are you registered for VAT? You do know that you have to pay VAT on the Import Duty, don't you?
        Before you call me a Gay Troll, or whatever your Insult of the Day is, tell me what you've bought (a guitar, presumably), what you paid, what country it came from, carriage costs etc, and what you mean by "claim the difference they charged me". Do you mean Parcel Farce, HMRC or the seller?

I'm registered for VAT, have experience of being shafted by HMRC (and trying it on with them, back in the day!) so gimme the details, ask the question properly and I'll be able to find out what you need to know.
        Last edited by Rsmacker; 05-03-2011, 05:56 AM.
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Guitar was £920, paypal charged me £948.
          Customs duty £32.07
          Excise duty: £0
          Import VAT £206.88
          Clearance fee £8
          Total £246.95

The total should've been £192. I'm only trying to claim £14.27. WTF should I be registered for VAT?
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Um, I'm still a little confused.

Who are you claiming from, who do you think owes you money?
            Why should the total have been £192?

Your purchase was 948.00 + 32.07 + 8 = 988.08 + VAT @ 20% (197.62) = £1185.70. Is this what you've shelled out, or is there carriage on top? (The £8 Clearance fee might not be VAT'able, but knowing HMRC, it is)

I nearly broke her back

Comment

£8 charge is not taxable. It says so on the form. Even so, 20% of £948 is not 206.88. Those pigs can't do maths. I want to claim the difference back from Parcelforce or Customs. £14 gets me my lunch and 40 cigs, dammit.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

£14? Where do you get your cigs from?! How come i have to pay £7 per packet?

Anyway, call HMRC and tell them about it, doesn't make sense for Parcelforce to be responsible for the VAT charge.
                It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

£5.99 per pack of 20 Royals, or in some newsaents £5.46 per pack.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                    £8 charge is not taxable. It says so on the form. Even so, 20% of £948 is not 206.88. Those pigs can't do maths. I want to claim the difference back from Parcelforce or Customs. £14 gets me my lunch and 40 fags, dammit.
                    So, back to the figures - £948 + £32.07 Customs Duty = £980.07. Add the 20% VAT (196.01) = £1176.08 + £8 fee - Grand Total of £1184.08
                    (This had better be a fucking awesome guitar for that much money)

So, like I said above, WHO do you think has bummed you (apart from me)? Is someone asking for money, or have they already had it? If they've already had it, have they issued you with a VAT Invoice? If so, put the figures up as they appear on the invoice. If they are holding the guitar until you cough up, they must have broken the figures down for you. Post them here.

My guess is that although you paid £948.00 to Paypal, there has been another charge incurred somewhere along the line and that has had VAT slapped on it too. Although HMRC are a shower of arseholes on the face of it, they do know their stuff so rarely charge wrongly. Parcel Farce, on the other hand...

Come on, calm down, deep breath, put the figures up in a calm and concise manner and let me try to help.

*Edit* Ding! Did this guitar come from the USA? Did you pay in dollars or pounds sterling? What is the exchange rate that is being used?
                    Last edited by Rsmacker; 05-03-2011, 02:13 PM.

I nearly broke her back

Comment

It was £920 before paypal charged it as £948. I posted the figures - see post #7. I already collected that Coral Sea Warrior last thursday. http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/118...o...?highlight=.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Fine.

You obviously have all the information you need and don't need any help.

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Oh do I detect a tiff?

Comment

Hey, fucking hands off, he's still my bitch.

Heh, it does look a bit flouncy, doesn't it?

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I'm nobody's bitch, and you still failed to give me the answer.
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                              X