Easiest way to photos from AVI video file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easiest way to photos from AVI video file

I need to get some photos from an AVI video I shot. Is there an easy way to do this? I have windows stuff. My friend said just to hit the Print all button when paused then copy into Paint or something like that, but that seems awfully lo tech...which means it prolly work the best!

But wanted tot know if others here found a better, even easier way.
    Last edited by MetalMedal II; 05-01-2011, 06:46 PM.
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

I use the the Print Screen/Paint (or other image editing software) method, and it works pretty well as long as the paused video image is nice & clear. There are some freeware screen capture programs that give you a bit more control than Print Screen, like pre-cropping just what you want, choice of file type to save as so you can skip Paint, etc. I think I had one called ScreenHunter or something like that on one of my old computers that worked pretty well.

Here's a list of some freeware programs with reviews. Looks like ScreenHunter is still around, and Gadwin sounds like it may be pretty good:

http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/gmm/fwscreen.html
    Last edited by dg; 05-01-2011, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Cool, I have adobe photoshop to crop photos, so I'll just try saving as a gif, bmp, or tif file and where things go.
      Thanks!
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

VLC Player

Integrated codecs unlike win media player, won't need to add any.
        Never go back to media player again, unless you use it for audio.
        There is a frame capture function integrated, no need to prt-scrn/crop.
        Other neat features include playback speed control, and a neat desktop wallpaper function, plays videos as transparent wallpaper.

Ton of other functions.

Comment

Originally posted by audiophile View Post
          VLC Player
          Alright, I'll try this. I actually had this before but didn't use those fxns.
          Hopefully it'll be easy to gets the photos.
          Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by audiophile View Post
            VLC Player

Integrated codecs unlike win media player, won't need to add any.
            Never go back to media player again, unless you use it for audio.
            There is a frame capture function integrated, no need to prt-scrn/crop.
            Other neat features include playback speed control, and a neat desktop wallpaper function, plays videos as transparent wallpaper.

Ton of other functions.

+1 VLC player. I use it to play all media and it's FREE!

Comment

shortcut should be shift-s and will store in a my docs subfolder
              both options can be changed to any preference.

- or + to slow down/speed up, = returns to default

Comment

Working...
              X