Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy shit i'm still alive.......

Sup?

I'm Alive,,, I live in the Hulaco/ Ryan area if north Alabama,,and WE GOT FUKIN HAMMMMMMMMERERD. by the EF4 tornado that grinded through here on WED.

Here is a vid that I found...

It was raining then the dime sized hail started,,,,When the Baseball sized hail stopped and everything got calm, I walked out of my house and as I live out in the woods kinda,,I could not see it,, but could hear it,,knew it was pretty close and there is only one way out of my area,,,,,,I know you are not supposed to drive,,,,,but,,, I threw the kid in the car and started down the road....,,, cause I want to at least have some sort of idea if I could get to the road that leads west as I could hear it on my east side.

This is not mine, but If you look at the vid at 1:35,,,,when I got to the end of my road, This is what stood in front of me at a distance of absofuckinglutely less that a quarter of a mile,,as I could see it eating up one of the houses across the big field in front of me.

so we hooked a right and got the fuck out down the road. If I didn't have the kid with me, I probably would have went back and got my camera,,being the nutjob that I am,,,,but at the same time I kinda hope I never have to see one that close EVER AGAIN!

It passed about the same distance from Mom and Dads place but since it was traveling NE and they were on the East side of it they have 22 trees down and some damage to the house as 2 oaks came down on it and my brother and I have been sawing them off,, and getting the roof temp. framed back and dried in till they can get it replaced since it happened. I am actually using a borrowed generator to power the computer, on a whim, and am amazed that the DSL is even online as we just got it back like last week, but it didn't hit the school, so,,,,but we have been without power since WED.

Anyway,, I don't know how long we will have the generator, or when I will be back on after tonight,,But anyone who has been trying to get a hold of me,,or i have any gear deals going on with,, I'm alive,,, and bear with me I will get with you as soon as I can. My cell still works so you can hit me on that ,,and I will try to check all my E-mail when I can from where I can.

MOSHON

DAVE
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

don't know you but i'm glad you (and those survived it) are still alive!
    prayers to those who have been affected.... and those who are no longer with us...

Comment

Good to hear you are doing okay bro.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Glad to hear you're ok , Dave. Mosh on!
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Good to hear you & your kin are fine, Dave.

As for that video, did that guy have to say "there it is!" over & over? Yeah no shit sherlock, I can see it!

I bet the audio being off from 1:00 to 1:45 is that goof going "there it is! there it is! there it is! there it is! there it is! there it is! there it is! there it is! there it is! there it is! there it is! there it is! there it is! there it is! there it is! there it is! there it is! there it is! there it is! there it is! there it is! there it is! there it is! there it is! there it is! there it is!"
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

"There it is" is probably what he says every time he poops a nugget!
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Ah, here's your thread. Glad to know you're doing fine man.
              Last edited by emperor_black; 05-02-2011, 11:28 PM.
              Sam

Comment

Thanks guys

I can't hear any audio as I didn't want to hook up to much to the generator ..but..
                "There it is",,,,,is NOT what was coming from my mouth,, that's for damn sure

MOSHON
                DAVE
                "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

I can't believe you tried to outrun that thing, you must not have a basement!

Comment

wow, Dave. Glad to hear you and yours are okay
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Yikes!

Comment

Sup?

Thanks again guys.

AXE....nope,, no basement.

I'm trying to get a couple pics uploaded now.

MOSHON
                        DAVE

Comment

Damn! Glad you're well, Dave.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

OK,
                            I'm gonna C+P this post as I have a couple places I checked in on...

Anyway, Here we go,

These are from my folks camera right after it went through..

You can still kinda see the son of a bitch over the house in this one

Moms car is under there on the left..

Comment

This is from my Cell during ( sorry it sucks)

and as I got up the road

Same spot ..the next day with my camera

There were a couple of houses and Chicken houses here

Comment

Working...
                              X