Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loudness 30th Aniv Tour Seattle, Killer Time Pics Gear and Loot Check this Out!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loudness 30th Aniv Tour Seattle, Killer Time Pics Gear and Loot Check this Out!!

First off ... It was Fucking Awesome

And it got even More Fucking Awesome.... : D

Second, I'm Deaf as Shit and have and practically lost my voice : D

Ok, so i fucking could barley stand to wait thru the opening bands just because i was so pumped, plus i was drinking energy drinks one after another. I don't drink booze anymore really but i was way pumped and figured ok maybe i'll have a drink to chill. Plus the bartender was kinda laughing at me cause i was buying monster energy drinks literally one after the other lol - so i ended up sucking down 4 tequila sunrises in the span of about 45 minutes, i didn't even feel em, lol.

I'd have a drink, go outside have a smoke go to my truck to check on my shit...being
    Oh, Fuck Yeah i brought one of my Killer KG Primes.... possibly in hopes to get it signed? maybe wishful thinking ... but just in case haha, i felt probably only chance i'll ever get so fuck it.

So after the last opening band i went down to the floor to get some shots of setup and see what Akira is using ect... My phone takes a shit picture in low light but i did the best i could and just took dozens of them.

Walked right up to the side of the stage and here's what i see.

Here's what Akira had on stage, i couldn't see where the rack was but probably behind the 2 Marshall JVM410H half stacks.

So the tech was obviously busy so can't really bs with him and ask him a bunch of questions like you wish you could about the gear.

But i'm bullshitting with a guy who is obviously part of the tour, talking about the guitars and shit, but i don't know who he is... but he's really cool and seems happy to bullshit with me about them. I tell him i've got 4 Killer Kg's and his eyes kinda light up.
    So i told him yeah, i brought one with me, you know ..just in case .. cause i was really hoping to see if i could get Akira to sign it.

Dudes like, yeah no problem meet me after the show. Oh Fucking shit, so more on that in a minute... and i also find out who he is.

So back to the gear and show.
    For the most part the tech did the switching on a similar Rocktron switcher for Akiras leads and stuff but Akira did some as well when he was deviating from whatever the set sounds were for songs.

Most my photos didn't come out damnit, but here's a few that kinda did.

On Monirus shirt it reads "Stay Strong Japan - Loudness"

The set was great, full of energy, they were doing it like they were 25 year olds still, heavy as shit and loud as fuck.

I wished they played a bunch more songs that they didn't but that's the way it is.
    I called out for Speed a few times hoping they would play it even tho i already saw the set list heh, but Akira started to play the beginning of it for a bit

I caught one of Akiras picks And Masayoshis picks during the show.
    Masayoshi was playing a Vigier bass thru an ampeg playing over the neck, he does all that too.

So after the show i head out to my truck to get the guitar, and go back to the loading area and wait and chat with some people hanging out while some whacked out transient
    brother on a bike is sitting there yelling in our direction some crazy shit about no papers no business and fuck you all, lol, crazy as fuck.

Soon the guy i was bullshitting with before the show comes out and is looking around asking who has the guitar. Someone points and he calls me over and says follow me.
    I hear people that are there and waiting going "whoah" and shit...I'm going "whoah" and shit : D

So i'm fucking trippin about now, i don't know why. I've met a good few names face to face and partied with some, Mustaine and Ellefson, Slayer, Anthrax, Suicidal, Dri, heck even Poison standing outside of a Motley Crue show in Long Beach Ca. lol - but that was just funny lol.

But anyway i was just a bit nervous right about now, just was kinda surreal.

So we walk up to this door:

Guy says hold on, goes in, comes out, walks around a bit - comes back and says "in a minute".

Wants to see my guitar, i take it out, i'm telling him about it, and telling him i wanted to ask Akira about it because it seems to be a rare one from what i've seen and there's not much info about them out there. I'm showing him the shape is a bit different, it has bevels that they don't have anymore how it's all black hardware - he's checking it out and seems impressed with it, or at least that i have it.

Then he hands me his card,.. it's George Azuma - President of Killer Guitars, Akiras close friend since forever, business partner and dual duty tour manager. lol.

All of a sudden Minoru comes over says something about the guitar smiles and points his finger to me and says something, i shake his hand (i'm fucking deaf at this point) lol, anyway i say thank you. Then Akira walks up - i just probably looked like a smiling fucking tree. I shook his hand and said thank you and stood tripping while they are checking out the guitar and talking in Japanese : D

George said it's a 1989 limited made in "some" month (i'm deaf) lol, but it's in the serial.

Akira signing it

George Azuma - Cool fucking dude \m/

I asked him to sign it too, he was like really? I said hell yeah, so someone hands over a silver painter pen and he was happy too - then he got the rest of the band to sign it!

EPIC.

And the Funny thing is.. i almost at the last minute before leaving the house thought,
    ah fuckit don't bring it. Doh!

As far as i can tell Akira speaks only a little english, enough to quick chat but George speaks it fluently and would just translate. I tried to get some info on what amp was used on Thunder in the East - if it was modded or what - Akira just said it was an old Marshall.

The victim:

All i can say is Fucking Killer
    Last edited by Trem; 05-09-2011, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Great story and great guitar. Loudness will be in Denver next tuesday , going to try and make the show.

Comment

Really cool, Loudness is one of my favorite bands and Akira is probably my favorite guitarist ever....great story and thanks for sharing the pics too!
        Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

cool story. That must have been awesome!

Comment

Awesome story Trem!
            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

cool story Trem, thanks for the pics and sharing that. I liked Akria way back when on Thunder first came out, he had a great tone on that album. I also have an Akria solo album on vinyl called "Tusk of the Jaguar". A bass player buddy of mine turned me on to Loudness before Thunder came out, he had a live album and was calling Akria the EVH of Japan. I don't think they were singing in Engwish then lol but they rocked fucking hard. I saw them in Harpos in Detroit, about 4000 seater, loud as fuck but they really put on a great live performance.
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Excellent story, good job you didn't say you'd brought some old POS guitar for him to sign....!
                So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Kick Ass! Hope I get to see them.

Comment

I gotta pay more attention to older band's touring schedules. I would definitely have considered heading down to see Loudness play in Seattle with enough warning.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Nice, would have been a great show to see...

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
                        Really cool, Loudness is one of my favorite bands and Akira is probably my favorite guitarist ever....great story and thanks for sharing the pics too!
                        Exactly what he said. They are Legends.

Comment

great story. Loudness is great and Akira has always been one of my favorites.

Comment

Yes, they are still on top of their game. They still look like they love what they do. Akira seems shy and mellow off stage, but when he's on stage he looks and plays like he's into it 100%. Like playing guitar is still what it's all about

My ears just stopped ringing yesterday,.. for the most part, lol.
                            Actually should have brought earplugs since i was 12 feet ear height in front of a cranked Marshall.

Comment

I hate you - not only for having 4 RG Primes but for meeting Akira

And that body is very interesting. I bought what appears to be a crapass knockoff some while back (looked legit at the time, but then info was scarce). I need to find it - might actually be legit
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X