Four Horsemen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four Horsemen

Assuming you had several to choose from, how do you decide on which guitars you bring to gigs? After much debate (factoring playability, visual appeal, tonal capabilities, features and mojo )I arrived these four for my stage arsenal. What's in YOUR gig arsenal?

Hamer - no question. Gojira!
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Which ever ones Ive been really into at the time are the ones that go to gigs. Every now and then, Ill bring one for aesthetics only, but in general, its which ever ones had really struck my fancy in the days or weeks before the show.
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I've gigged with almost all of my guitars and like to keep a bit of a rotation going, but these are a couple of favorites:

I'm starting to prefer the Duncan Invader over pretty much everything else, so once I throw an Invader in my "Alien" DK2M, it will probably become my #1 gigging guitar.
        sigpic

Comment

well, it comes down to a combo of looks and tuning stability for me. lately, my live arsenal has comprised of 4-5 guitars, depending on the venue and the time of year. if the temperatures are colder i bring more guitars. my 2 main guitars at this point are my LTD alexi, which is used for our dropped-D songs, and my learn-flamed hamer diablo. both are pictured, in action, below:

i bring my SL-1 and/or my PC-1 as a back up to the hamer, and i bring either my pink sparkle squier telecaster or my sunburst stratocaster as general back ups. neither of those guitars has EVER let me down on stage. shit, neither has the LTD for that matter. it kills me. the LTD cost me $150, the squier $169 and the strat $379 and all i did was change the pickups. some of my high end stuff, like the PC-1, my PRS and my brian moore are all SO finiky onstage....their ability to stay in tune depends on lighting, humidity, temperature changes.....

anyway, here are pics of the fenders:

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
            well, it comes down to a combo of looks and tuning stability for me. lately, my live arsenal has comprised of 4-5 guitars, depending on the venue and the time of year. if the temperatures are colder i bring more guitars. my 2 main guitars at this point are my LTD alexi, which is used for our dropped-D songs, and my learn-flamed hamer diablo. both are pictured, in action, below:

Dude! That Diablo is sick! The Hamer Cali in my photo is Learn painted as well. I've been thinking about sending my modded Diablo to him for a paint job. That'd be a sweet back up to the Cali.

Comment

Jeez, I was trying to give Jackson/Charvel a holla (2 of the 4 Horsemen are J/C's) as well as Mike Learn (who has a section on the JCF) and my post gets dumped here? Pffft. Guess moderators don't want folks talkin' nice about non-J/C guitars... ;-)

Comment

Working...
              X