a sensitive death metaller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a sensitive death metaller?

hahaha, i know these guys are people too, but it is cool when the media has something positive to say instead of perpetuating the "myth" of evil people playing metal. here's a nice story about john tardy from "obituary" and how he spends his free time. it is quite moving.

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

He provides a free service to starving and injured cats like helping the homeless. If that's what he wants to do with his money, great. Then you get some smartass comment he's causing more harm? I don't see them getting off their asses and doing anything about it.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

exactly. i think it's a great "human" interest story that shows there is more to the tampa metal scene. we all know the media has to be "unbiased" so, of COURSE they needed to include the comment from the douche that thinks it is a bad idea.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I think they did a good job of contrasting the negative with how he is spaying/neutering the cats and hopes that the colonies will eventually shrink and die of old age. Seemed like a good defense to the comment.

Cool article.

Comment

Well, hey, you get lots of pussy when youre a touring musician.
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

But he seems to be doing it backwards.

You're supposed to get lots of strange pussy when you're out on tour, not when you're at home with the girlfriend...

Comment

From the title, I thought it was going to be this video

Comment

That's a great story and good for him. He needs to get together with Rikki Rockett--pretty sure he's an animal lover and activist, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
                  That's a great story and good for him. He needs to get together with Rikki Rockett--pretty sure he's an animal lover and activist, too.
                  Yeah, I heard about that thing with the hamster too. Or was it a gerbil?
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                    here's a nice story about john tardy from "obituary" and how he spends his free time. it is quite moving.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/life/2011/m...ng--ar-206573/
                    Cool story, but it's about Donald, the drummer, not his brother John who is the singer.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                      You're supposed to get lots of strange pussy when you're out on tour,
                      Ever been to an Obituary show? There's not much pussy - strange or otherwise - to be found!
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Very good point!

Comment

Working...
                        X