No announcement yet.

Your Music Rooms!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micha - They are all from 80s metal bands. Some I got at shows, some were given to me from friends.

Edit:Originally I thought you were referring to the plaques, not the guitar picks...
    Last edited by Ward; 05-18-2011, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
      Although these rooms are very very impressive, and so sorry to hear about your situation Jayster...I've seen much much better on this very forum. I don't remember their names but do a search and you'll come across people's music rooms that will put guitar stores to shame. Wall of amps, wall of guitars...there is a guy who goes by corpsegrinder who posted his collection on SS.org and its just insane!! *off to search for that thread*

EDIT: Corpsegrinder88's thread on the SS.org

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sta...wear-mask.html
      You should see Charvel750's room. Its so full of guitars, there's nowhere to sit down
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Lets not forget gtrbuyer's thread over in the Charvel section, something like 4 rooms wall to ceiling and floors 80% covered in stage stands.

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/103...my-guitar-room

EDIT: My bad, 1 room with 4 rooms worth of guitars.
        Last edited by Twitch; 05-18-2011, 04:15 PM.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Torment Leaves Scars View Post
          The positive thing I can say about Macs is that they are normally easy to use, but as with anything, it has its downfalls.

I like the fact that any software I buy for it, I KNOW it's going to work. Not to mention, Mac makes all of the components in-house, so they're guaranteed to work. With PCs, their parts are all made by different companies; hard drives, software, motherboards, etc.
          I am a build engineer/ server admin and when a real important build that many are waiting to finish fails for some reason, I'll have to intervene immediately. I've been doing this kind of job for the past 10 yrs. Almost every time, at the right critical moment, my work windows laptop (dell, hp, IBM, lenovo) would have some issue or the other. They've moved to Macbook pro's for the past 2 yrs in my latest job and since then such issues are non-existent. Yeah, there are some cases when the security certificate would expire or something when I would be locked out but its very very rare. I like the mac for its reliability.
          Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Torment Leaves Scars View Post
            The positive thing I can say about Macs is that they are normally easy to use, but as with anything, it has its downfalls.

I like the fact that any software I buy for it, I KNOW it's going to work. Not to mention, Mac makes all of the components in-house, so they're guaranteed to work. With PCs, their parts are all made by different companies; hard drives, software, motherboards, etc.
            Yes, I believe that.
            I never had a Mac, though I like them for their haptics and looks, but you're right about the disadvantages of all things as well.
            This monday my HDD broke. I got another one I had lying around somewhere, built it in, and was done with it.
            I like the fact I can get my graphics, sound and storage-devices from dozens of companies. Competition is good.
            Besides everything with an apple on it goes for impressive prices, it surely was some geniuses work that everything has got to be Ipod/phone/pad-ready nowadays.
            There's an app for every BS, Dunlop now sells Iphone-holders for guitar headstocks, so you can watch your notes on a small display instead of sheet music and can tune with your 5$ tuner-app...
            And sure it all works if it's all Apple. I bet if you kept your PC filled with Microsoft-software only, there'd be less issues as well.
            Monopolies often work great, no question...

But well, I didn't want to take this off-topic, or talk bad about things I don't know.
            I just always felt like beeing different was one of apples strongest motivations, that's why I thought it was funny you mention they never work like anything else.
            I'm an old fart when it comes to these things I guess...

Ward - Oh, that's cool, so they have lots of mojo, huh?
            (Plek is pretty common here as a short form of plektrum, I just thought this would work with the english plectrum as well. My bad.)
            tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Micha - No, definitely my bad. I should have guessed plectrum instead of a really bad spelling of plaque

Right after I posted I figured it out.

Comment

Mine is not so much a room, but the single stall of my 3 car garage. It's tight with the drum kit and all, but it's cozy, and my man cave. I use a PC, not a Mac out here and have never had a single problem. Built it myself from quality parts, other than the cheepo keyboard.

Last edited by BayRocker; 05-18-2011, 05:47 PM.
                My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Hey BayRocker. Do you record your music? I don't see any monitors :think:
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

there is a guy who goes by corpsegrinder who posted his collection on SS.org and its just insane!! *off to search for that thread*

EDIT: Corpsegrinder88's thread on the SS.org

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sta...wear-mask.html

Yeah, pretty sure that dude is a JCF member also....I've heard tell...
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                      Hey BayRocker. Do you record your music? I don't see any monitors :think:
                      Yes I do, there is a QSC sub behind the Les Paul in the shots, and a QSC K10 on the floor in front of the drum kit, you can barely make it out to the left of the snare drum. Those QSC's sound good enough to be used as studio monitors.
                      My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

I am a build engineer/ server admin and when a real important build that many are waiting to finish fails for some reason, I'll have to intervene immediately. I've been doing this kind of job for the past 10 yrs. Almost every time, at the right critical moment, my work windows laptop (dell, hp, IBM, lenovo) would have some issue or the other. They've moved to Macbook pro's for the past 2 yrs in my latest job and since then such issues are non-existent. Yeah, there are some cases when the security certificate would expire or something when I would be locked out but its very very rare. I like the mac for its reliability.
                        Not to mention, performing tasks on a Mac may take 3 steps, while getting the same exact results with a PC may take twice as many.

I like the ease of operation with a Mac, and a lot of people don't realize it, but virus software doesn't have to be used on a Mac due to the fact that it's a Unix-based system, unlike that of a PC.

I'm on my first Mac (MacBook Pro), and I'm a fan for life. I've never owned a PC that's ever worked right for more than a year, and not to mention, I've never had any luck with virus software (Norton, McAfee, etc.). Every single time I've run virus software, my computer has wound up running EXTREMELY slow, or files have been deleted, error messages received, etc.

A lot of people think because of a Mac's specs as far as memory, they're weak, but that's not the case. Their OS takes up nowhere nearly as much room as that of a Windows OS, so all that additional memory isn't needed. Despite the differences in memory between the two, due to the Microsoft OS taking up so much of it, they're very comparable to one another.

Originally posted by micha View Post
                        Yes, I believe that.
                        I never had a Mac, though I like them for their haptics and looks, but you're right about the disadvantages of all things as well.
                        This monday my HDD broke. I got another one I had lying around somewhere, built it in, and was done with it.
                        I like the fact I can get my graphics, sound and storage-devices from dozens of companies. Competition is good.
                        Besides everything with an apple on it goes for impressive prices, it surely was some geniuses work that everything has got to be Ipod/phone/pad-ready nowadays.
                        There's an app for every BS, Dunlop now sells Iphone-holders for guitar headstocks, so you can watch your notes on a small display instead of sheet music and can tune with your 5$ tuner-app...
                        And sure it all works if it's all Apple. I bet if you kept your PC filled with Microsoft-software only, there'd be less issues as well.
                        Monopolies often work great, no question...

But well, I didn't want to take this off-topic, or talk bad about things I don't know.
                        I just always felt like beeing different was one of apples strongest motivations, that's why I thought it was funny you mention they never work like anything else.
                        I'm an old fart when it comes to these things I guess...

Ward - Oh, that's cool, so they have lots of mojo, huh?
                        (Plek is pretty common here as a short form of plektrum, I just thought this would work with the english plectrum as well. My bad.)
                        It is a pain, and Mac fans will defend them til their death, but all of these computers have advantages and disadvantages. For example, build a gaming computer, and a Mac will not come close to touching that of a PC, however, when it comes to stuff like music, Mac makes some excellent recording programs.

At the end of the day, it's best to know which types of uses you're looking for in a computer before purchasing. For me, I like to do a lot of basic recording, saving music, surfing the net, and just use it for mostly leisure with the exception of writing a resume, here and there, so a Mac works very well for me.

Comment

Working...
                        X