Best new metal of the past 12 months?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best new metal of the past 12 months?

I think the last new album I bought was The Sword - Warp Riders. What new stuff has come out in the past 12 months that impressed you?
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

I never know what is considered metal anymore, but I am really digging the latest All That Remains cd.

Comment

I just saw ATR open for BLS and they kicked ass.

Gotta love a band with a tiny singer, chick bassist, and Vin Diesel and Mick Foley on guitar!

Comment

I quite enjoyed Warp Riders myself. I'd go with either that or Snakes For the Divine by High on Fire. I can't get Bastard Samurai out of my head.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The new Obscura album is pretty cool. I don't even remember the name of it, so I'm not a big help, but it just came out recently.

(And I happen to think my band's new CD is pretty decent, too.)
          sigpic

Comment

The new Maiden? New Accept?

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              What new stuff has come out in the past 12 months that impressed you?
              13 months ago (as far as I could go), Periphery released their debut album. Big fan of Misha Mansoor here, followed him since like 2005 or 2006 on his Soundclick account.

Can't really say it impressed me, in a way, as it was material that had already been written. Pretty cool stuff though.
              I <3 DR Strings.

2007 Jackson KV2
              2006 Schecter C1 Blackjack
              Randall RG75G2
              Line 6 PODxt

Comment

Working...
              X