I need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help!

So at the end of the summer i am saving up some money to get a guitar, I AM HAVING A TERRIBLE TIME CHOSING SOMETHING. i want a USA Jackson, An ESP of some sort, or even an ibanez. I JUST HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO, can you guys give me some ideas of what to do, im looking at a $2000 PRICE LIMIT give or take a few hundred haha.
    THANKS IN ADVANCE!

I'm thinking the general consensus here will be to buy a Jackson.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

My gear consultation fee is only $200 if you are OK with a reduced $1800 guitar budget. :dunno:

Comment

Classified access stat.

Comment

go play them and you will find your answer in the jackson.... need more info though on what you are looking for pup configuration ? neck style? floyd / no floyd etc...

Comment

Fucking hell, if I had that sort of money burning a hole in my pocket, I'd have a damned good idea of what I was going to buy. (Usually I'll be just short too, so will be looking to get something cheaper than the going rate!)
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Why would you want to buy an Ibanez?
              It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
              ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Save your money, you'll need it.
                "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by bodom10 View Post
                  So at the end of the summer i am saving up some money to get a guitar, I AM HAVING A TERRIBLE TIME CHOSING SOMETHING. i want a USA Jackson, An ESP of some sort, or even an ibanez. I JUST HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO, can you guys give me some ideas of what to do, im looking at a $2000 PRICE LIMIT give or take a few hundred haha.
                  THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Sound you're looking for (metal, rock, all-purpose, etc.)?

Without knowing some details and doing a blind generalization, I'd reccomend a Jackson soloist of some type or an Ibanez Jem as general-purpose guitars good for multiple styles

Comment

Go to the biggest store arround and play some jacksons, some ESPees and some ibanez. that would be my first step.
                    if you like pointies, best would be if you could borrow one from a buddy or something to see if you can get used to the shape over a couple of days or weeks.
                    if you like the looks of a rhoads or kelly or something, but played superstrats only so far ou will most likely NOT feel good on a different shape at first.

so...
                    choose a brand (trust your feeling there)
                    choose your must have specs or shape
                    and go on from there.
                    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Working...
                    X