Tornado-area peeps check in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tornado-area peeps check in

Tornadoes in Missouri and Minneapolis and the usual places out West - you folks ok?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

We are doing just lovely. Everyone is uninjured, I have a 6 inch hole in my roof. The top of my maple tree was ripped off and my Sonata's hood got the limb after the tornado pulled it out of the roof, lol.
    Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Did anyone hear the governor's comments about the twister staying in one place and screwing itself into the ground?

Comment

Safe here in MN. Sirens went off and we were in the basement with the kids and the dog.

Seemed like last year every time it rained we had tornadoes in our area. A few weeks ago, there were some 6 miles from our house; then again this past weekend.

Going to be (another) long summer.

- E.
        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
          Did anyone hear the governor's comments about the twister staying in one place and screwing itself into the ground?
          Are you serious?
          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
            Are you serious?
            The short interview was on the ABC evening news.

Comment

Heh, the neighbors tree and and fence got f'n hammered, but the fence I just put in, without concrete mind you, didnt move an inch. Theres shit all over the place here. Damn storms, knocked out power so we had to reschedule practice. I had just flipped the power switch to get her warmed up and BAM, no power.

I know this is nothing compared to the poor souls in MS right now, but figured it was relevant.
              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

My turn tonight. Got the Invasion of Normandy on the radar headed towards West everything-around-me. Should be here in about an hour.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

I'll take our earthquakes over tornadoes any day. It seems these folks get slammed every spring. I saw guy on CNN who just moved back into his house after it was destroyed by fire a year and a half ago only to have it leveled by the Joplin tornado three days later. I think there is a message there. Move!

Comment

Yeah, I'll take the 9 months of rain thanks...

Hope everyone stays safe.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Sup?

I hope you all are safe,,My best vibes are sending your way.

MOSHON
                      DAVE
                      "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Makes me love my 115 degree "but it's a dry heat" weather even more.

Glad to hear everyone's doing OK. Seems mother nature has been extra pissed lately...
                        My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

We had a couple tornadoes touch down just north of me here in NorCal this evening....One more thing to add to the list of quakes, slides, wildfires, etc....:think:
                          My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Well, we survived, miraculously.

Here's a pic of the devastation:
                            Warning: not for the squeamish.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              Well, we survived, miraculously.
                              Think insurance will cover it?

Comment

Working...
                              X