Poor customer service report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor customer service report

Ok, probably not a biggie around these parts, but as some of you may know I've got this mad plan to convert my Morton to a 12-string.

I've settled on an idea to mount a pedal steel-style keyhead to the stopbar posts, and this keyhead would have an integrated stopbar for both mounting purposes (gotta mount to the studs), and string retension (strings 1-6 gotta anchor to it and allow 7-12 to pass through), and have the typical staggered key design, as I feel it would look nice enough given the body shape and headstock. Plus it's better for string spacing, and I don't need some whacked-out string retainer system to make the strings line up with the tuners.

Now, having done a few searches on a few pedal steel forums, I run across 3 main concepts:
    1: A lot of players mill their own hardware.
    2: A lot of players hunt down pricey and scarce vintage parts.
    3: A few builders will gladly build you the pedal steel of your dreams, but can't do shit for you otherwise (i.e. parts).

So for the past few months I've been scouring the retardnet looking for someone with either parts or a junker to part with for reasonably cheap (I mean, if I'm going to pay a lot for a full guitar, I'm not going to strip it - maybe).

Then, I finally run across the site of a guy in Nashville which states he can make custom hardware, as he has his own milling machinery (including a picture of him posing with said machinery pretending to mill something on it).
    He also states he's got a lot of parts ready to go for your custom builder needs.

So I email this guy and ask if he's got a 6-string keyhead.
    "No, not a six-string, sorry."

And that's it. WTF?

So I send another email asking if he can make one, since his site claims he can make custom hardware, and give him a few details on what I'm wanting and that it has to fit on standard 6-string stopbar tailpiece posts.

2 weeks later, no reply.

WTF'nF?

Dude, if you're anti-6-string, say so. Don't be a fucking dick and not even respond.

Douche.

I dunno, maybe I should buy a full guitar and part the damn thing out. Surely I could sell everything easily.

But then could I also just get a drill press with a pin router and a block of aluminum and do it my damn self for the same price?

Fucking rednecks.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Must have been busy watching a fishing tournament on ESPN 2.

Sounds like quite a project.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

hahahahaha - maybe the guitar gods are thwarting your latest "mad scientist" plan.....
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Yeah, like the old commercial of the pregnant chick trying to light a cigarette

Damn the hands of Fate and Good Common Sense! I shall not be thwarted!!!!!!11111 lulz
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yah dude, maybe your reputation preceded you
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Do you expect him to admit he cant really do everything he has said he can do? His terse initial reply really meant "Not interested in trying because I doubt I could do it to your satisfaction". But actually writing that makes him look weak and a quote of such could come back to bite him on the ass later.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X