No announcement yet.

Priest on Americal Idol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was definitely cool to see, what is apparently a country dominated show to showcase some 'real' guitar playing. It was also very cool that Haley, brought out her dad to jam on that Zep tune. I've watched every episode this season, and if it wasn't for Durbin it would have not had the overall dynamic that made me watch.
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by audiophile View Post
      Yup, but what happened to KK, just up and quit a little over a month ago.
      No, KK quit before Christmas, and the rest of the band asked him not to make it public until after they'd sold the tickets for the tour.
      Rob himself confirmed that.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by guitarzan_josh View Post
        I heard KK dropped out due to health reasons. Agreed the new guy was pretty good. I was really wanting Halford to rip him to pieces but he was respectful, which I guess is cool. I can't stand that kid anyway (Lambert was even better than him at that "range"), but at least he did bring some metal to the table.
        People were speculating that, but if you read his statement he said it was business and personal differences with the band. Tipton seems to have taken over with the help of his girlfriend, Jayne Andrews, who also manages the band. Rob Halford tersely said that what KK said was true. That's when Rob said KK quit before Christmas but kept quiet at the band's request.
        Last edited by lerxstcat; 05-27-2011, 02:14 PM. Reason: Freudian slip!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X