Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have the new Ozzy 30th anniv. box set?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by texasfury; 01-10-2012, 08:43 PM.
    Just a guitar player...

Comment

Originally posted by texasfury View Post
      I take it you guys haven't heard the version of Bark At The Moon with Jake's guitars re-recorded?
      Wait...what?

Comment

I bought it...I had too! I think it is worth the money for all that is included. The DVD is cool. I did notice that the book doesn't have any pictures of Randy with his Jackson guitars. That is kind of a bummer. I haven't had a chance to listen to the CDs yet.

Comment

The CD's sound great to me, as good as I've ever heard it. The documentary is pretty good, my favorite bit is where they play the recording they call "RR" included on the first CD for Ozzy and he never heard it before. You can literally see him try not to shit himself. I also loved when the producer pulled back everything but the nylon guitar in Diary of a Madman. As much as Randy was a master of electric guitar, he was brilliant on classical.

I can't wait to watch the Paladium concert!
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Pssst....

Comment

Just a quick update. The live CD is amazing. Production quality is similar to "Tribute" but Randy is on another planet on this one. Best performance I've ever heard from him, with so many off the cuff fills, the music is just flowing. I'm so bummed I didn't see the tour with Motorhead that Randy played on.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I have seen a few people say that they think it's better than Tribute but i kinda disagree.
                I mean it's friking awesome, and the sound is right up in your face, but i think Randy played a little better on Tribute on most of the songs.
                Not that it matters much, it's great we have both now of course.
                But since i've seen enough people say that it's better and or way better than Tribute .. i have to disagree.
                I listened to them back to back and i feel that in performance Tribute would be the better of the two overall.

Comment

It probably boils down to whether you are a "play it like on the album" people or not. I just thought Randy was flowing better on this one. He throws a couple of clams out there but he's going for it. One thing is for sure, Ozzy had himself quite the collection of killer musicians surrounding him at this point in his career.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                  X