Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RUSH: Time Machine

Show Time!

Hard to describe without getting into all of the cliches.
    Just back from Euro leg of the tour they started off a little cold (half a song to warm up) but after that....not a complaint except for one: the incredible low tones generated on Geddy's synth were painful during Subdivisions and a couple other songs.
    More than likey it was my seating...lower deck 2/3's back where the bass can bounce off the back wall on occasions.
    But what a synth it is!

(I drove up from Columbia with my 17 YO son, his first major concert).

The show itself...the set, the films, the details.
    Just incredible production and execution.
    I see why the ticket prices seem so high - it must cost a mint to get all that
    together.
    Was it me or could I actually FEEL the heat from the Witch Hunt flames?

Execution-although they have all of the tools at their disposal when they bumped the Time Machine
    back to 2112 the gadgetry was dispensed of seamlessly and it was just like looking at the band on stage from 1977.
    The sparse white lights spotlight the band and the stage "choreography" looked the same with Geddy and Alex performing their own moves like they did then.
    Hard to pick a favorite but from my username you can probably guess I just loved that segment.

BU2B was great...Watchmaker also incredible.
    They are stronger than ever...

Intro and intermission movies were a riot also!
    ("Moving pitchers"...LOL)
    What is the best about "Rash" is they are having fun and it shows.
    I hope I can go like that when I'm 58 years old!

Sounds like you had a good time. Did you get any pics?
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Nope, sorry!
      There are a zillion pics and cell phone cam posts all over the Interwebs.

Coolest part for me...was my son digging it so much.
      He's a bit of a classical music fan.

Comment

Nice review, thanks. I've never been disappointed in any of the RUSH shows I've attended throughout the years.

Comment

I saw it last year here in Texas. They're like Iron Maiden and no matter how many times I've seen them they never ever disappoint. There's a clip on youtube somewhere of me yelling "FREEBIRD" during Tom Sawyer.

But the little ending clip with the double-neck "bass" was kinda lame and was clearly the band stalling the audience so they can beat the traffic out of the place.

My only gripe is the venues themselves. They're such bitches about smoking now. 20 years ago there was a massive pot cloud with some cigarette smoke over Rush shows and not a single fuck was given by police or anyone. Now even thinking about it makes everyone around you go into instant mad-gasms.

Comment

The no smoking biz doesn't bother me but I can relate.
            No double neck...just a killer ending!

Freebird...

Comment

Working...
            X