Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    So, like the Gestapo.

hard copy? So, there will be no more trees left here. Maybe put it online, eh?

So, like the Gestapo. You're describing an extreme form of martial law. I hope we are a long way from that.

California's fiscal problems are largely due to the proposition system being written so as to automatically fully fund all propositions voted into law by the people. If they were subject to appropriations like everything else, then 2/3 of the state budget would not be automatically spoken for. Only because the state was so damn rich did that actually work for a long time. That has to be addressed, but it's very unpopular to even speak of it.

The Southeast is unfortunately very right-wing. Everyone in Mississippi is now ecstatic that Florida passed the law requiring drug testing for welfare applicants. Never mind the 4th Amendment, and when I mentioned it, was actually told, "The Constitution was okay 100 years ago, but it's outdated now!" We're doing it to ourselves.....
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
      I would have like to have seen a stronger physical response by the police to what had happened. A lot of people went further than they probably would have had them seen more people around them get tased and paddy wagoned. Unfortunately some people only learn when physically corrected.
      I heard they caught some national athlete - water polo, LOL! - on video trying to torch a police car, and he is begging for mercy. People are actually contemplating that. He's 17 - that's NOT 10! If he gets a pass, guess what happens next time? Someone ELSE will EXPECT a pass, and get it, because you will have set a precedent. I don't really feel sorry for the stupid idiot, he could have killed numerous people making a bomb out of a police car. Apparently he botched the job, only good thing about the whole mess!
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        So, like the Gestapo.
        No, they wouldn't check for Jews and Poles and anyone else who wasn't blue-eyed and blonde-haired or otherwise the epitome of some mythical Master Race.
        The law would not get bogged down in petty squabbles over jurisdiction when serving the public.

hard copy? So, there will be no more trees left here. Maybe put it online, eh?
        You're thinking a paper copy for every man, woman, and child. I'm thinking a copy in every local library. Not everyone has online access, and indeed shouldn't have. However, everyone can go to the public library.

So, like the Gestapo. You're describing an extreme form of martial law. I hope we are a long way from that.
        No, I'm saying shoot the Anarchists and terrorists and stop passing it off as "just letting off steam" or some other childish excuse. Demand that mature responsible adults behave in a mature responsible manner. There's no legitimate reason to loot and riot over a sporting event. None.
        I didn't say anything about shooting only the Jews or the Poles or anyone else who doesn't match a Master Race profile, like the Gestapo.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

yep, they have a still photo of the guy lighting a rag in the gas tank of the patrol car. What an idiot.

Jay Mohr who did the NHL awards show joked that the 100 or so people arrested should be given season tickets to the Florida Panthers as punishment and could double their attendance lol
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            No, they wouldn't check for Jews and Poles and anyone else who wasn't blue-eyed and blonde-haired or otherwise the epitome of some mythical Master Race.
            The law would not get bogged down in petty squabbles over jurisdiction when serving the public.

You're thinking a paper copy for every man, woman, and child. I'm thinking a copy in every local library. Not everyone has online access, and indeed shouldn't have. However, everyone can go to the public library.

No, I'm saying shoot the Anarchists and terrorists and stop passing it off as "just letting off steam" or some other childish excuse. Demand that mature responsible adults behave in a mature responsible manner. There's no legitimate reason to loot and riot over a sporting event. None.
            I didn't say anything about shooting only the Jews or the Poles or anyone else who doesn't match a Master Race profile, like the Gestapo.
            No, you do want a Gestapo, different SS agencies did most of the jew hunting. Gestapo loved getting rid of anarchists or anyone who didn't act like a model citizen.
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

2012 election- pot has a very very strong chance of being legalized in california.
              Newc, i'm not clear on your point of why it can't be regulated. It's currently illegal and still the biggest cash crop in california as it is.
              it's gonna be a tight election, but i think it passes this time wihtout a doubt.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Waste of tax payer dollars fighting weed. Decriminalize and legalize it and get tax revenues from legitimate sales.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Reviving this old thread. Turns out weed didn't get legalized in Cali in 2012, had to wait til 2016! Oh well, better late than never.

Comment

Originally posted by BYeh1 View Post
                    Reviving this old thread. Turns out weed didn't get legalized in Cali in 2012, had to wait til 2016! Oh well, better late than never.
                    what are you talking about, man? I've read the thread - weed will NEVER be legalised
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                      what are you talking about, man? I've read the thread - weed will NEVER be legalised
                      guess im a tardy soothsayer at best G!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                        guess im a tardy soothsayer at best G!
                        I don't FEEL tardy...
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

I'm nervous and my socks are too loose!
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i think the clock on legalizing marijuana was sloooooooow

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                              I don't FEEL tardy...
                              I brought my pencil!

Comment

Give me something to write on

Comment

Working...
                                X