Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texting during a movie

...at the theater, what's your opinion?

Me, I don't like it if their light is in my vision...kinda ruins the experience.

The Alamo Drafthouse has a strict policy; read this article/video about one texter's experience http://cf.drafthouse.com/she_texted_..._her_out2.html
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Oh yeah, the main YT clip is NSFW (with hilarious phonetic spelled captions), but there's a link to a censored version right below it.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
      Me, I don't like it if their light is in my vision...kinda ruins the experience.
      really? You don't feel like you're getting the fully immersive experience in a jungle on a faraway planet surrounded by tall blue people with tails with the weight of your disposable cardboard red/blue goggles on your nose, if the dude a couple of rows over briefly emits a pale glow? What if the dude next to you is eating popcorn? And the girl directly behind is slurping the remains of a Big Gulp? What about when the usher flashes his torch at the punk teens to get their feet down from the chairbacks in front of them?
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah I don't really go to the theater anymore. The under 25's just sit there non-stop texting. It distracts me from the movie, especially when they put up warnings before the show to turn the shit off. I would pay extra to go to a theater that had a faraday cage around it that wouldn't let in any radio signals. I bet it could make a 16 year old go into seizures when they can't tweet "Just ate two entire fistfuls of popcorn! WINNING!"
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          What if the dude next to you is eating popcorn? And the girl directly behind is slurping the remains of a Big Gulp?
          I hate all that, too! But they don't sell cellphones in the lobby.

Also, the 3D glasses for Avatar were the new school style glasses (monochrome & a bit stylish actually) not the old-school red/blue cardboard jobbies.

Comment

I was just talking about this with my dad. I don't care where I'm at, or who it is. Whenever I hear a loud "rude" conversation within' earshot, or ANY cellphone bullshit. I'll always tell the person to ..well...get the fuck outta my face (verbatim).

...and they do.

I was givin' my kid a hair cut the other day and he recieved about a dozen calls or whatever and I threw the fuggin' thing in the other room. I told him whenever you're with me you better turn that p.o.s. off, or I'll break the muthafugga!

I love the asshole walkin' around with those ear things ...walkin' around talkin' to themselves. They may as well carry a big sign flashing "Jerkoff"...Jerkoff ...Jerkoff... Because that's what they do.

That shit just gives me an instant rash!!!

But, that shit in a movie..no fuggin' way!!!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

BTW Ron..this shit just happened recently in a Texas theater and the owner (tough 'ol lady) threw 'em out. She became like a local hero for that...it made Yahoo news. I just saw the article not long ago.

Good for her!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Has anyone else having probs with the board? It's being really wonky for me. I tried to edit the double "threw" in my last post, and it wouldn't let me. Either there were two of the same words or none at all. Also, I left three dupilicate posts in a row in the platinum section. I've been here for a long time. Never had these issues before..I don't get it.:think:

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                  BTW Ron..this shit just happened recently in a Texas theater and the owner (tough 'ol lady) threw 'em out. She became like a local hero for that...it made Yahoo news. I just saw the article not long ago.

Good for her!
                  Yeah, that may be the same place, check the link in my original post?

Comment

Duh..yeah, that's it. I just did my norm and did a quick peek.

Comment

Why the hell do people need to turn a short sentence into an essay with excess crap like "you know?" a dozen times?
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

It would bother me as I like it dark as possible and the light from the phone would be a distraction.

Bill I hate hearing people talking loud on cellphones too, bugs me. Same with bluetooth cellphone talkers who you don't know if they're crazy carrying on a conversation with themselves or talking on the phone.
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

The Warren Theater here will toss you out if you get caught texting or talking. They have signs warning you, basically telling you to turn your phone OFF or leave it in your car.

Comment

That is fantastic! Long live the Magnited States!
                            My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

when i was a kid we used to bring a bong with us to the theatre, and it didn't bother anyone. those were the days.
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                              X