No announcement yet.

Texting during a movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope you don't mind smokeless. I'll be there - spitting into a cup for 2 1/2 hours. Hope that don't fuck wif yo' fansy suspenshun o' dis-believin'
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

I got to see a fight between a teen and a guy my age over his chick texting. Teen lost, badly, and average Joe got a standing ovation after he took her phone and threw it at the exit door. Some people are too stupid to realize they're stupid.
      "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Texting pissed me off anywhere, not just the movie theater. I cant stand that shit. as Grandpa Howard told Grandpa Fred about Rock & Roll, "Well, I am afraid its here to stay, Fred."
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
          I got to see a fight between a teen and a guy my age over his chick texting. Teen lost, badly, and average Joe got a standing ovation after he took her phone and threw it at the exit door. Some people are too stupid to realize they're stupid.
          I would have paid money to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
            he took her phone and threw it at the exit door.
            I've thought about doing that a lot! Alas, I'm not as young & muscle-bound as I used to be!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
              I would pay extra to go to a theater that had a faraday cage around it that wouldn't let in any radio signals.
              Well, I don't frequent the movie theatre, but a faraday cage would be sweet to put in many places, hell, maybe I can get a mobile one made so everyone within 30 ft of me is in radio silence!
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Okay, what about when you're stuck in the mall with your wife on one of her shopping expeditions, and then you have every fucktard teen in the joint running into you because they're so busy texting, they're oblivious to anything around them?

LONG LIVE ALAMO DRAFTHOUSE!

Comment

hold up on that car wash gentlemen.......... I think we just stumbled on an idea to make some money. Lets build and sell faraday cages to frustrated people like us. Or better yet, lets design some type of device to jam cell phone signal make them portable so people can wear them on thier belt or pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                    hold up on that car wash gentlemen.......... I think we just stumbled on an idea to make some money. Lets build and sell faraday cages to frustrated people like us. Or better yet, lets design some type of device to jam cell phone signal make them portable so people can wear them on thier belt or pocket.
                    Let's do it!

Comment

:think: We've got bigger problems in this country than these idiots texting during a movie.
                      I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I'd take texting in a movie over someone who is eating their popcorn like they have been a hostage for 10 years. Every single time we go there is a freakin' hog going to town. Drives my wife nuts, which in turn drives me nuts.

Comment

Or even worse.. The people who come late. WTF? I come 20 freakin minutes early so I can get the seat I want. WHY do I have to move from the seat I came early for so you and the 8 people that came together late can sit together???

Comment

I agree, I fucking despise the sound and smell of popcorn a lot more than some asshat's finger gymnastics on a cellphone. Luckily the cinemas I go to most of the time don't sell popcorn. Talking on a phone is a big no everywhere though and the mainstream poppycock cinemas are constantly reminding all the idiots to turn of their phones.
                            Last edited by Endrik; 06-21-2011, 08:51 AM.
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

The only reason I even step near a movie theater anymore is for my kids. And that's very rare. The talking, kicking, giggling, texting......Fuck that. Movies come out dvd so fast now, there is really no reason to have to deal with stupid people.
                              "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                              I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

There is a small device available that disables cell phones within the building. They use them in churches in Mexico, I believe. Saw it in a news site a couple of years ago. I believe the link was posted here at the time.

The big argument against having them in the US (movie theaters, etc) was the same old "but what if we gotta call 911, and the call gets jammed and some guy with a heart condition dies cuz he can't get a dialtone" and other such bullshit.
                                I'm not sure if they're legal, but I'm not sure they're illegal, either.

I definitely want one on my car so I can disable surrounding phones, and one small enough to clip onto my belt that looks like a cell phone (so it can't be traced mwahahaha). Not a huge radius - maybe 30 feet. 100 feet for the car though.
                                And a detachable bumber/axle killer for the guy drafting behind me. At 30 MPH. On a winding road. Idiot.
                                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                                X