Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats your opinion for this? a H-S-S with a gold hum ring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your opinion for this? a H-S-S with a gold hum ring?

usually you see gold or chrome pickup rings on SL2Hs but on a SL1 the singles of course have no rings.

do you think they look goofy with a ring on the humbucker in chrome or gold and no rings on the singles?

I am thinking about putting a gold hum ring on my DK1 trans finish that has a black plastic ring, but gold floyd and hardware. do you think it will look OK? here is one with chrome.

"clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

It pops out a little as opposed to the black ones, but I wouldn't call it goofy.

Comment

here is one I found in the galleries here with the black pickup ring like mine has.

Comment

The black ring looks better IMO.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I think it looks fine. DON'T do anything foolish and be tempted to put pickup rings around the singles. That way madness lies
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
            I think it looks fine. DON'T do anything foolish and be tempted to put pickup rings around the singles. That way madness lies
            just like the path to the darkside. Thank you Obi Wan.

Comment

IMO gold ring will look better than black, esp with all the other gold hardware you're planning

Comment

gold ring would look great
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Chrome is a "cold" metal finish so it works better with cooler colors like blue and greens. With warmer colors like red, orange or amber the gold will look better. All subjectively IMO of course.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Mmm onion rings
                    "We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer. "
                    Zakk Wylde

Comment

i think it looks ok. i have done it before, but i usually switch to a zebra coil pickup to help reduce the "contrast".
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I have a '95 SD-1 Koa with all gold hardware..with black rings on the two hums..looks great!

I prefer black shown in the above pic.
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

OK, here it is! I had to order something from stew mac and was paying shipping anyway, so I figured I would give it a try. I like it. Its way better than plastic. after having metal rings, even if they are black, its WAY better than plastic. the plastic look cheesy as can be. I am diggin it. the other upgrade I did was the lil 59 in the neck. damn fine axe.

Comment

Nice - goes really well with that tone of red. And what a beautiful finish on the body.
                            My other signature says something funny

Comment

*cough*

(points at sig)
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X