Question for Indianapolis members....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Indianapolis members....

A few friends will be attending gencon in August and they want to know of any decent places for catching a metal show.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Not really. The local "scene", if so it could be called, around here is all blast beats, break downs and vomiting into a mic. Id check for big names that may be coming through in that time frame if youre looking for some music with talent and solos. There are a few decent metal bands Im sure, as I am in two that play old school thrash and stoner/ sludge metal, but the majority of whats around is garbage, of course unless youre into crab stance, puke vocal, 50 BPM drum, break down "metal", then our "scene" is the shit.
    Last edited by Twitch; 06-30-2011, 08:02 PM.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

You know, I don't have a freaking clue. But I do know a few places where you can pick up drunk hot chicks who listen to Lady GaGa, and they're all in Broadripple.

Comment

Yeah, but Broadripple chicks taste like cigarettes.

Comment

Most clubs in the Indy area and even Fort Wayne area as well have long gone by the way side - good guitar music/bands.

I'd rather be entertained by an evening of karaoke at a neighbors house/patio than the music scene in Indy or Fort Wayne.
          At least with Karaoke I'd have a better chance hearing a song I like.

Lived in Indiana all my life and the music scene died out in Indy in the early 90's.
          It wasn't much back then but still better than today.
          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
            My dick lost its sense of taste a long time ago.

Comment

but the majority of whats around is garbage, of course unless youre into crab stance, puke vocal, 50 BPM drum, break down "metal", then our "scene" is the shit.
              Unrelated but funny ass side note ~ On memorial day I went to this shin dig that was supposed to have a band. These kids were trying really hard, BUT. From the begining of them playing, something struck me as terribly wrong.... After a minute or two of watching them I put my finger on it. Crab core, running in place and all. When the finished I asked them if they liked Attack Attack, they all smiled and said it was thier favorite band.....

Laughing like hell(on the inside), I tried to offer a little advice to them.... Guess I'm getting old
              Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Lafayette is trying to resurrect a metal scene. Last Saturday of each month there is a metal show with a couple of local bands and the odd touring band. That happens at Jerrilee's Pub.

Sadly everyone else is about right, all the stuff at the Melody Inn and other venues is pretty much really young kids thinking the latest durge they have come up with is the heaviest and newest thing in the world. Or really old guys thinking that acting like a redneck and shaving your head makes you hardcore. There is no middle ground where most of us on here seem to exist.

There is of course a thrid unmentioned segment of the metal scene here that I shall stay quiet on for fear of having a contract taken out on my life..... Ah, screw it, I'll say it anyway....

The thrid contingent are those bands that think metal began and ended with Dimebag, these singularly unimaginative individuals do everything in their power to imitate every facet of Dimebag's life; they wear his clothes, they swear in a slack-yawed southern twang whilst holding a bottle of jack (even when they are from New England!), they buy every piece of useless merchandising with his image on, they buy any piece of musical equipment the canny salesman says Dimebag endorsed (even though it wasn't relased until 3 years after he died!) and they persist in toasting to his memory at ever possible opportunity during a show.

Not to mention their songs all unimaginately sound like Pantera - but not the good well polished Pantera - the 'I got rich and famous and became a characature of myself' Pantera of later years. And all the solos are like Dimebags, only without the talent!

I shall now run and hide before matyr of the Dimebag theology declares a Fatwa on me!

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                  My dick lost its sense of taste a long time ago.

That reminds me of that scene in Total Recall with Arnold:

Melina: Hello, Hauser. Still bulging, I see.
                  [rubs his deltoid, then grabs his crotch]
                  Melina: What you been feeding this thing?
                  Douglas Quaid: Blondes.
                  Melina: I think it's still hungry.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Comment

Yep, daz it!!!!!!!!!!
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                      X