Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else have strange playing behaviors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else have strange playing behaviors?

I do my best playing when I am alone, and when I'm alone I tend to get much more animated.

Sometimes I happen to get 'in the zone' so to speak, and play much better and hit every note better than I intend to. Especially when I am all alone b/c I get more experimental and play more freely. When I play with others I can't help but make my 'O face' when I hit certain notes, but it's much more exaggerated when I am alone - I guess b/c I'm not afriad to really let it out.

I just worked up a sweat shredding, wtf

You gotta learn to dance like nobody's watching.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Scarn View Post
      I do my best playing when I am alone, and when I'm alone I tend to get much more animated.

Sometimes I happen to get 'in the zone' so to speak, and play much better and hit every note better than I intend to. Especially when I am all alone b/c I get more experimental and play more freely. When I play with others I can't help but make my 'O face' when I hit certain notes, but it's much more exaggerated when I am alone - I guess b/c I'm not afriad to really let it out.

I just worked up a sweat shredding, wtf
      I make the "Lars Ulrich" face when I'm whackin' it!!
      Yeh I work up A sweat too.....and I hit every note too...

Comment

i also judge people pretty harshly when they hand me their guitar and it looks like they haven't changed their strings in a year

Comment

I cant play to my full potential unless I play in a chicken coop, wait, maybe thats someone else?? Yeah, pretty sure thats someone else, but its definitely strange.
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
            I cant play to my full potential unless I play in a chicken coop, wait, maybe thats someone else?? Yeah, pretty sure thats someone else, but its definitely strange.
            Nah dude, you're the only one. Wait, do you happen to have godlike talent and/or wear an expressionless white mask at all times?

And yeah, I happen to play much better live whilst under the influence of intense anger and aggression. Before shows, my bandmates like to insult me and whack me with pillowcases full of soapbars to get me all riled up so I don't fuck up the performance.
            I don't trust anybody who doesn't like Led Zeppelin.

Comment

I figured someone would catch that. What really got me about that whole story was the dog shit that was demanded be left there for inspiration.

Comment

I tend to get pretty animated while playing as well, when you're making it fun(or it's making you have fun) you feel better, so you play better, so it sounds better, so you're enjoying it more, really digging in and yeah I've sweat like I just walked out of a sauna before while jamming. AND everybody makes 'stupid guitar faces' at some point or other, for me it's normally on long bends with vibrato(apparently wiggling the shit out of a note makes my brain think my face should scrunch up like a muppet on LSD).

Aside from that, I'm a serial killer ~ at least 6 of them bitches are going down!
                Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I get a boner when I'm playing Epica songs, does that count as a strange behaviour?
                  Check my bands!
                  www.myspace.com/magicktr
                  www.myspace.com/sinif64
                  www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

i always played my best when i was good and doped up. high as a georgia pine. i'd play for hours on end.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
                      I get a boner when I'm playing Epica songs, does that count as a strange behaviour?
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

yup same here, sweat like a pig and grimace like a champion gurner.
                        yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
                          Only if it is not yours.
                          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Geez, I thought that post was going to be about how he thinks of Wilkinsi in a vulgar way while he plays.

Comment

Reading the title of this post, somehow I knew Twitch would be in here....but not 3x already! More than anybody else!
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X