this is really sick, , moving into a new age my friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3d printing

We're already using one of those things at my work, where the R&D dept. uses it to make prototypes
    (and no, we're not a multi-billion dollar company)
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

One of the coolest things I've ever seen on You-Tube. I've heard about this technology before but never seen it in practice until now. Thanks for sharing.
      -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

piece of pie Darrk W.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Pretty cool, but I foresee it being used mostly for prototyping and niches like space travel (which we don't do anymore).

Comment

My question is how much the printer and medium costs. It could be used for some interesting stuff.
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

That was some cool shit! Thanks for sharing! WOW..

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/Z-Corp-450-Full-...094#vi-content
                Last edited by Twitch; 07-09-2011, 12:26 PM.

Comment

I call BS on the printed wrench: the one taken out of the powder looks different in many ways than the scanned wrench. If the scan was so accurate, why the different design? The printed wrench looks like a cheap Chinese wrench you'd find at Harbor Freight or the 99 Cents Only store.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I noticed that too about the wrench shape, but the fact remains, the machine printed a working wrench.

Comment

"Infiltrate with resin"
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                        I call BS on the printed wrench: the one taken out of the powder looks different in many ways than the scanned wrench. If the scan was so accurate, why the different design? The printed wrench looks like a cheap Chinese wrench you'd find at Harbor Freight or the 99 Cents Only store.
                        even so, think of the money saved if it is up to specs as far as tightening up a nut in outer space.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                          even so, think of the money saved if it is up to specs as far as tightening up a nut in outer space.
                          Or the money saved printing your own guitar picks.

Comment

Pretty amazing! The printers go for $150, but the ink cartridges are where they get you!
                            My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

The printers go for $150, but the ink cartridges are where they get you

still cool shit,i thought the thingymabob with the twisty gears was way cooler than the wrench...how do you print out space between the axle ond the gear so it will spin?
                              “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                                Something just occurred to me though, each successive layer requires gravity to lay onto the next layer of glue, so, use in space is out.

Comment

Working...
                                X