Roofers roofing on my roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roofers roofing on my roof

So yeah we had some storm damage a few months back and finally got someone out here to fix it. They're on the roof and it sounds like anti-aircraft guns being installed and tested.

We're taking bets on which one busts a hole in the roof first, and whether it's because of their own weight or when they slam down the bundles of shingles.

Oh, BTW, it's a "manufactured home" covered in particle board. So when they break out the .22 nail gun, I expect trouble.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Incoming!!
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Pics please of the dangling legs in your ceiling when it happens.
      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

How 'new/old' is it? There are codes for residential constuction that have to be followed, here a roof must support a load of at least 125lbs/sq foot, roof sheathing is 1" min, rafters are 2x6, 24" oc, but 12-16" is optimal. Hope nothing happens, but if it does, check your local/state building codes (for the build year on yours,) and double check the work to make sure its on par. Also- please don't buy into the BS that laying new shingles over the old will help insulate better, it very well may, but do you want 2-3 feet of snow crashing through this winter because of the extra weight? Good luck dude.
        "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

what is a manufactured home?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Scarn View Post
            It's built in a factory, then shipped to the site, and placed/put together. Most common are 'trailers,' ie-single/double wide mobile homes, then modular homes. Some look like hell, others are beautiful, and you can't tell it was built in a factory. They are a nice alternative to waiting 9-12 months or more on a contractor to finish building a house, and can be considerably cheaper.
            "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Yeah, house trailer, tornado magnet, mobile home. Same thing.

It was built in Alabama and towed to TN, so building codes are out the window.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Scarn View Post
                http://lmgtfy.com/?q=manufactured+home
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

In the neighborhood where I grew up, there's a house that was ordered from Sears. It's hard for em to pick out cos it looks like the rest of em:
                  http://www.modulartoday.com/searshomes.html
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Roofers roofing on my roof. I have to say is one of the most unique sentences I have ever read. I dont think you could have worked the word "roof" in there more than you did. Maybe if you said "Roofers named Rufus with roofies roofing on my roof."
                    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Working...
                    X