Yay or Nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay or Nay?

I'm thinking about picking this one up so I can have a mahogany guitar. What say ye? Yay or Nay?

Light weight mahogany flat top body
    1 piece set neck design
    Licensed Floyd Rose Bridge
    USA Made Seymour Duncan Blackout Active phase II humbucker pickups
    Maple fretboard. with black block inlays.
    24 Extra Jumbo 2.9mm frets and a 13.7" (350mm) radius neck for fast play
    Grover Die Cast tuners
    Width of the neck at the nut: 1 5/8"; at the 22st fret: 2 3/16"
    Thickness of neck at the first fret approx 11/16"
    Overall length 40"; Scale length: 24 3/4"
    Width at the widest point: 13", body thickness at the edge: 1 5/8"
    Actual Weight is only 9.5 lbs

Nay.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

its cheap too

Comment

You should save your beans for a Les Paul instead. All the cool kids have one.

You do want to be one of the cool kids, don't you? :dunno:

Comment

I say nay. Save it up, and do it real big when you can afford some Gibson or Jackson mahogany.
            I don't trust anybody who doesn't like Led Zeppelin.

Comment

Originally posted by Misanthrope[ALWT] View Post
              I say nay. Save it up, and do it real big when you can afford some Jackson mahogany.
              Fixed! and a +1
              "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

how much?
                JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

5 bills:

http://www.rondomusic.com/ghostpro625whtpcep.html
                  Last edited by RacerX; 07-30-2011, 10:36 PM.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It looks so "Dean"
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Eh. I kinda like it but the maple board doesn't work for explorer-types.

I'd probably make a few enemies and a couple may declare jihad on me here for saying it, but for that much I'd rather get an Epiphone version of the Gibson 1984 explorer, which has actives in it

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

I'm a sucker for cheap guitars! lol

The only issue with those Rondo is that you can't try them before ordering.

@The Rossness why don't you get one of those cheap JS32 Kelly with a Floyd? I played one and they play great.
                        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                          I'm a sucker for cheap guitars! lol

The only issue with those Rondo is that you can't try them before ordering.

@The Rossness why don't you get one of those cheap JS32 Kelly with a Floyd? I played one and they play great.
                          Mahogany guitars have a different sound to my ears. I don't think Jackson's are mahogany. And with things right now, I'm trying to pay off my new Subaru STI, I'm condo/ apartment hunting, and saving up for a more expensive axe really doesn't work. If the Charvel pro mods had a mahogany body, I'd be all over it. same thing with the KV/ KE5FR. I also dig maple boards.

As for Agile's, I have a ES-335 copy from them and it sounds great. I've got Duncan Invaders in mine and it screams!

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
                            Mahogany guitars have a different sound to my ears. I don't think Jackson's are mahogany. And with things right now, I'm trying to pay off my new Subaru STI, I'm condo/ apartment hunting, and saving up for a more expensive axe really doesn't work. If the Charvel pro mods had a mahogany body, I'd be all over it. same thing with the KV/ KE5FR. I also dig maple boards.

As for Agile's, I have a ES-335 copy from them and it sounds great. I've got Duncan Invaders in mine and it screams!
                            Jacksons are alder and sometimes alder with maple caps, but usually just alder. Mahogany puts out a thicker muddier sound while alder is a more well-rounded wood for a wider variety of sounds.

Comment

Yeah, Mahogany sounds different, and there are only a few Jackson guitars that are Mahogany.

But if it's really $500, for a few hundred more (or about the same) you could pick up something cool like a used Explorer or the lower-end Flying V.

Comment

Working...
                              X