Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is halo 3's single player campaign mode any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is halo 3's single player campaign mode any good?

in regards to the story, will it keep me entertained?

I have this game in a stack of other games I've never really tried and kinda want to give it a go. Multiplayer is out of the question as COD: Black Cops takes up most of my xbl time.

I only played 2 player death match for a total of 15 minutes so I don't really have any idea of this game's value.

Some other games of interest in my pile of unused games are GTA (the one with the bikers and some faggot named tony), and red dead redemption.

I actually played R3 a few times and it really sucks so far. All I've done is hunt rabbits, herd cattle, and talk to a bunch of hicks.

I'd like an answer also.
    Other than Quake 3, the rest of the games lost me because
    I like single player.
    I don't really have enough time to commit
    to multi player or net gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
      I'd like an answer also.
      Other than Quake 3, the rest of the games lost me because
      I like single player.
      I don't really have enough time to commit
      to multi player or net gaming.
      dude, MW1 and 2 have epic single player campaigns.

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

Comment

I liked it.

Good story, some nice firefights. I liked it better than CoD or it's ilk.

Reach is pretty good too.
        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

If it's better than CoD then you have sold me.
          I am addicted to those!

Comment

Well,
            It's purely opinion. I like the setting and the gameplay.

It's a refined version of Halo (duh), you always know what you are getting into in H3 if you played the 1st one. It's faster, smoother and the weaponry has been re-balanced.

Brute's are still bullet sponges, Elites use their speed to flank you, Grunts attack in mass and can be smart enough to split the party to hit you from multiple angles.
            The Flood has been reduced and that helps a bit. (you fight them in H1 but they are too much in the 1st game).

Then you have the rousing conclusion and the "Big Finish".
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

can you not aim down the sites? I seem to recall only being able to shoot from the hip when I played 2 player death match for 10 minutes approximately 6 months ago.

Comment

Yes you can, but I don't remember the button to use at this moment.

Comment

I thought that it was pretty good. It's fast, looks great and has some fun hidden secrets. (and no flood...) A couple of the guns have scopes, but not all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
                    (and no flood...)
                    The Cortana rescue mission is all flood. Glad it's short.

Comment

That's my favorite thing about Reach. No flood. Halo 3's single player campaign is good though.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

what is flood?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Scarn View Post
                          what is flood?
                          Another Alien Race central to the plot.

Comment

interesting.

I played it for approximately 7 minutes a few hours ago. I couldn't get into it, perhaps if I give it a longer try at a later date I'll enjoy it.

I want to play these games though, my homie left them @ my crib just days before he overdosed on IV oxycodone.

Comment

video games are like movies, books & Ramones songs - if you're not completely hooked within 7 minutes, then they ain't fer shit
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X