Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you guys have another guitar setup for eb tuning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
    You have to have two period if playing live, FR or not if dropping all the strings down. You cant drop all your strings on stage, its too time consuming, unless your front man likes to chit chat more than sing. My problem is deciding which guitars get which tuning. I usually only change from E to drop D. Even though I have my Floyds blocked, I still lock the strings, but sometimes I want to keep going with one guitar some nights which requires an allen wrench at half time if its my Kelly or Axtra.
    If your Floyd is blocked and you want to go to Drop D without unlocking the nut, just use the fine tuner... it does have a full-step range.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      If your Floyd is blocked and you want to go to Drop D without unlocking the nut, just use the fine tuner... it does have a full-step range.
      Yes, but a Floyd blocked is no fun!!!
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

10-60 for Eb. Love me some FAT bass strings. But still need some slink on the treble side.
        "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Because I leave room in both directions for fine tuning adjustments, so the full step range is compromised.
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

It's a perfect excuse for a gigging musician to buy more guitars. "Well honey I needed these two guitars because we just added a song to the set in DADGAD tuning and we don't have time to re-tune."

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
              My Floyds are blocked for dive only. Essentially, they no longer float.
              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Well, he said he already had it blocked and also locks the nut, so just using the fine tuner will take away the need to unlock the nut.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                  Because I leave room in both directions for fine tuning adjustments, so the full step range is compromised.
                  I see. Then you're SOL!

Comment

I'm with Javert!!! Great minds think alike!
                    Indeed

Comment

Working...
                    X