Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know where to get a guitar aged.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know where to get a guitar aged.

I have this exact Gibson les Paul custom replica made by a luthier down here in Florida and I've always wanted to get it aged but I didn't know where. Anybody know any places?
    “On Ecstasy, Joan Rivers looks like Pamela Anderson, so imagine what Pamela Anderson looked like.”

ummm...by playing it for many years?:think:
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Send it to me, after I'm done you'd never notice the difference between your guitar and a beat to shit 20 year old epiphone
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

replica? You mean counterfeit?

Put it in a home with smokers who chain-smoke 5 packs of cigarettes a day to age the binding and plastic because nothing hyper-ages plastic like smoking. Rub the wear-areas (top of front and back where arm goes, the areas around the strap pegs, as well as the neck) with dry cloth until you friction-wear down the finish. Give it to a redneck with a big redneck belt buckle to play. He'll destroy the back in a quick efficient manner.
        Last edited by Sephiroth; 08-18-2011, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Chain it to the back of your car and ride it around?
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Chain it to the back of your car and ride it around?
            Id rather drive the car than ride the guitar chained to the back of it.
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
              Id rather drive the car than ride the guitar chained to the back of it.
              If you need quick access to an ironicly-placed rimshot sound to mock your friends, or a genuinely-placed rimshot to put your great joke over the top, you've come to the right place.

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Maybe he's feeling adventurous!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

"Surf's up!"
                  "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I know some women whose Gusset Snurge would certainly eat away at the hardware. The trick is obtaining some panties that have had a liberal application of those Clunge secretions, Japanese businessmen pay good money for that sort of thing. (Kind of similar to old Les Pauls, they pay through the nose for them too)
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Five minutes at a skatepark will add fifty years of "aging" to your victi-uh-guitar...
                      Ratt & Roll

Comment

Refin it with one of those 150 year old mahogany kits from Guitar Center
                        Jackson KV2
                        Jackson KE1T
                        Jackson KE1F
                        Jackson SL1

Comment

Mine will never age. I won't do the fake stuff and I'm too careful with my gear and I don't sweat a lot. I have a 2002 Std. that I play a lot. Other than fretwear, it's in mint shape.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                            Mine will never age. I won't do the fake stuff and I'm too careful with my gear and I don't sweat a lot. I have a 2002 Std. that I play a lot. Other than fretwear, it's in mint shape.
                            This is how you treat nice things..

Ehhh...it seperates humans from jerkoffs and monkeys. Das what I tink!
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                              This is how you treat nice things..

Ehhh...it seperates humans from jerkoffs and monkeys. Das what I tink!
                              Eh.

Some guitars are meant to be broken in with some wear, like strats and LP's. Having a banged-up pointy guitar like a Rhoads on the other hand is a disgrace.

Comment

Working...
                              X