Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know where to get a guitar aged.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on the road...

Comment

To me a "nice" guitar is a thing of beauty and class. Not unlike a "nice" ride or ..ummm a woman. I'd prefer to break it in and put the miles on it as civilized human being...not like a farm animal.

what if...what if you need money..or meth perhaps. Condition always means value. Unless it was burned by Jimi or destroyed some famous dickhole..

WE are NOT famous dickholes. Famous dickholes do not have time for the JCF....godammit!

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
        I know some women whose Gusset Snurge would certainly eat away at the hardware. The trick is obtaining some panties that have had a liberal application of those Clunge secretions, Japanese businessmen pay good money for that sort of thing. (Kind of similar to old Les Pauls, they pay through the nose for them too)
        To get a good whiff of these "clunge secretions" which will eat the finish off hardware would most certainly be "paying through the nose" in a literal sense. Ugh.

I like a nice crungy old Les Paul as much as the next guy but they gotta get there by way of honest play wear and dumb mistakes - and I don't mean "trying to age it rapidly" as a dumb mistake, even though it usually is.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          To me a "nice" guitar is a thing of beauty and class. Not unlike a "nice" ride or ..ummm a woman. I'd prefer to break it in and put the miles on it as civilized human being...not like a farm animal.

what if...what if you need money..or meth perhaps. Condition always means value. Unless it was burned by Jimi or destroyed some famous dickhole..

WE are NOT famous dickholes. Famous dickholes do not have time for the JCF....godammit!

Hey man you should see how much Fender and Gibson are selling pre-aged guitars for. They actually charge more for pre-dinging and pre-wearing the finish.

Comment

I know..."relics"...those fools!

We'll sell ya an ugly, old-looking "used" whore for 25K..or you can have this lovely virgin for 2-3K.
            Ummm ..I'll have 12 virgins please!

Didn't towelheads fly into buildings for that kinda shit! Hot virgins must be in pretty big demand there! NO, they wanna fuck their mother-in-laws instead!
            Nobody of any creed is commiting suicide for 72 fuggin' mother-in-laws!!
            Last edited by horns666; 08-23-2011, 04:31 PM.
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

for a real answer, call Greg Platzer at BCR Music and Sound in PA. Tell him that Sully from the MyLesPaul forum sent you. That dude is a repair magician, and can age stuff nicely. Met him in person, and have seen his LP aging work in person.

Sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Get some replacement parts like the bridge tuners etc. Relic them by throwing them around in gravel scratch them in dirt and rocks. This way u will still have the original parts if u don't like it. Get replacenent plastic parts but them in a container seal it with plastic wrap and put a straw in a hole in the edge if the wrap or lid it what ever. Gave a smoker blow smoke into the straw aging them with the smoke. A small container will take less smoke and make the aging go faster. A small fish tank works great and u can see the progress. As for the finish. Once its done its done. So make sure u way it relic'd. U can try taping 1000 grit or higher sand paper to yr right arm to excellerate the wear process. And a bit in yr left hand and rub the neck with puting more wear emphasis on the areas u play most. Throw quarters and drop screw drivers on the guitar for sings and scratches etc. Do it randomly so ut doesn't look pkanned. I relic'd a guitar last year that turned out pretty cool. I used older hardware and scratched the finish and wore it down pretty much the way I described. Sand paper and screw driver tip etc. I'll post a pic ASAP. Age the pickups with paint thinner. It will dull the finish. Use a string in spots on the bridge pup to simulate strings rubbing on it from years of hard playing. Etc. It's fun to do but once u start u have to finish the job or it looks like ass. So make sure u Wang to do it.
                Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                  So make sure u Wang to do it.
                  Freudian slip...
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                  X