Earthquake just hit the northeast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earthquake just hit the northeast

I don't know what caused it, but I am pre-emptively blaming Obama, who will in turn blame Bush's tax cuts for it

We felt it here in South Jersey! That was crazy!
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I felt it here in Central Jersey. Sitting here at home doing some work, I felt my desk and chair shake a little, I thought I was going nuts. Thought maybe there was some people from my townhouse association walking on my roof, then thought it was really windy but it wasn't, looked outside and saw some neighbors, they felt the same thing and were all puzzled, too!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Workin in Trenton and we felt it. The higher floors felt it more than the lower ones. Epicenter was suppossedly in VA and it was listed at like 5.6 or 5.8. News says they felt it all the way to Boston......anyone up there that can chime in?
        Last edited by VoiceX3; 08-23-2011, 02:08 PM.
        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
          I don't know what caused it, but I am pre-emptively blaming Obama, who will in turn blame Bush's tax cuts for it
          LOL, I think NJ Governor Christie fell off the toilet. That would cause an earthquake for sure!
          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Comment

I think Christie sat on the toilet while McGreevey was still on it ...
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
              News says they felt it all the way to Boston......anyone up there that can chime in?
              I'm in Maine on the NH border and I didn't feel a thing.

Comment

Coworkers in NYC felt it, but I didn't feel anything here in CT.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  I think Christie sat on the toilet while McGreevey was still on it ...
                  NICE!!!!

Comment

I live in New Hampshire and I didn't feel it, but supposedly people near that Canadian border (3 hours north) felt it.
                    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Felt here in Eastern Kentucky my guess cause of the epicenter was in Virginia. My 2 cats were acting strange before it hit.
                      I put most psychiatrists on the couch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr loomis View Post
                        My 2 cats were acting strange before it hit.
                        Like how?
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                          Like how?
                          False fornication, juggling and general odd cat behavior. Youve never seen a cat do the can-can while high on amphetamines? Id call that strange. What would really be strange is if they werent clawing the furniture and actually using their litter box and not the corner between the sofa and the wall.
                          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

We felt it here in Hamilton, just out side of Toronto. Just a very light shaking.
                            We will know for the first time...
                            If we are evil or divine...
                            We are the last in line...RJD RIP

Comment

My wife called me from home and said it shook pretty bad. I was about 8 miles SE of home and felt nothing. We're in Virginia Beach, so maybe I was just on sandier subsoil or something. Relatives as far North as Westfield MA felt it pretty strongly, and going by my facebook friends' posts, it seems like the most intense area was in & around DC. People stopping & getting out of cars, running out of buildings & whatnot, plus the damage to a few buildings & monuments. My Richmond friends didn't mention anything like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X