Earthquake just hit the northeast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
    False fornication, juggling and general odd cat behavior. Youve never seen a cat do the can-can while high on amphetamines? Id call that strange. What would really be strange is if they werent clawing the furniture and actually using their litter box and not the corner between the sofa and the wall.

Didn't feel shit here in TN.

Maybe they're fracking in and around DC these days? Would be nice. Maybe then they'd outlaw the practice.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post

Maybe they're fracking in and around DC these days? Would be nice. Maybe then they'd outlaw the practice.
      I like the way you think.

I felt nothing here, but friends in other areas here did. My sis works in a Pittsburg hi-rise, said it was rocking more than she liked.
      "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
        People stopping & getting out of cars, running out of buildings
        Fools!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          Fools!
          I was watching NFL Network and they interviewed Nnamdi Asumghua (However the f ya spell it) at Eagles practice and he said that the rest of the team was freaking out while he just stood there and laughed being that he came from Oakland and that was like a fart compared to what he's used to.
          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I'm just outside D.C. , it was a good tremble for about 20- 30 seconds. I was at work when it happened. I thought it was kinda cool! I didn't have a lot of things fall in the apt when I checked. Not sure if a guitar would have fallen of it's stand. But it might have. Another good reason to keep them in their case when they aren't being played.

Comment

Fuggin' pussies....

Amateurs!

I rode the '89 7.1 SF quake sitting in the upper, upper deck at Candlestick Park. Now THAT was a ride!!!
              My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Aggreed. LOL HOWEVER, You guys out in Cali have NO IDEA what's about to bear down on us this weekend. Hopefully Irene doesn't pack the punch they expect, but I'm not taking chances. Stocked up on water, candles, batteries, canned food, Ice and other green plants to ride out the big blow. Earthquake and Hurricane in the same week! Maybe the Mayans had it right all the long....lol NOT!

Originally posted by BayRocker View Post
                Fuggin' pussies....

Amateurs!

I rode the '89 7.1 SF quake sitting in the upper, upper deck at Candlestick Park. Now THAT was a ride!!!
                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Comment

Yeah, this should prove to be an interesting weekend for sure! Playing a show tonight at Redz on the blvd then plan on spending most of tomorrow tying everything down and making sure the house isnt gonna blow away! Could be a wild ride!
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
                    Aggreed. LOL HOWEVER, You guys out in Cali have NO IDEA what's about to bear down on us this weekend. Hopefully Irene doesn't pack the punch they expect, but I'm not taking chances. Stocked up on water, candles, batteries, canned food, Ice and other green plants to ride out the big blow. Earthquake and Hurricane in the same week! Maybe the Mayans had it right all the long....lol NOT!
                    I do have an idea as I'm originally from the east coast. And lucky me, I was in the Bahamas for my honeymoon in Sept of '89 when Hugo hit, and followed it with the SF quake a week or two later...lucky me! Good luck to you east coast guys!
                    My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                      Yeah, this should prove to be an interesting weekend for sure! Playing a show tonight at Redz on the blvd then plan on spending most of tomorrow tying everything down and making sure the house isnt gonna blow away! Could be a wild ride!
                      No shit! Redz formerly Route One Cafe! I was supposed to be coming out to that show tonight, but I have family coming back from Florida 2 days early due to Irene so plans got f'd up. I'm good friends with Mike the guitar player from Release, Me and the guitar player from Unscarred (Brian/Eggy/Nicklebag) go WAAAAY back (he actually played with my old band Jekylls Hyde for a while) and the lead singer Damian is like a little brother to me. If you don't know them already, both bands are the best bunch of dudes to jam with. No egos and VERY friendly atmosphere between bands, have a GREAT night, and let me know if you'll be back up this way again as I definitely want to check you guys out.

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
                        No shit! Redz formerly Route One Cafe! I was supposed to be coming out to that show tonight, but I have family coming back from Florida 2 days early due to Irene so plans got f'd up. I'm good friends with Mike the guitar player from Release, Me and the guitar player from Unscarred (Brian/Eggy/Nicklebag) go WAAAAY back (he actually played with my old band Jekylls Hyde for a while) and the lead singer Damian is like a little brother to me. If you don't know them already, both bands are the best bunch of dudes to jam with. No egos and VERY friendly atmosphere between bands, have a GREAT night, and let me know if you'll be back up this way again as I definitely want to check you guys out.
                        Ive met/seen them a few times before, super nice guys and Mike is a HELL of a player! Theyre probably the best cover band in the area. My drummer Jason used to play with the guys in Release for a little while too. The show tonight was originally at Wiskey Tango but with it shut down and changing management, it got cancelled. Sucks, I used to love that place, had a lot of good times there!
                        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                          Ive met/seen them a few times before, super nice guys and Mike is a HELL of a player! Theyre probably the best cover band in the area. My drummer Jason used to play with the guys in Release for a little while too. The show tonight was originally at Wiskey Tango but with it shut down and changing management, it got cancelled. Sucks, I used to love that place, had a lot of good times there!
                          Yeah, Tango was a cool club. Spent MANY a drunken night there. Heather, Lori or Melissa ALWAYS got me hammerred!

I agree, Release are the best cover band in the area since we (Jekylls Hyde) and Disposable Heroes disbanded, other than a couple tribute bands nobody is playing heavy covers in the Philly area anymore. Pretty sad actually. Anyways, the wife says now that we might actually make it out. What time are you going on?

Comment

DH fucking rocked too, I was sorry to hear when they broke up. Saw them a lot at Sweeneys! I never saw your old band though, I had quit going to clubs for a while so I was out of the scene for a few years.

Were opening (yawn) at 9:20-10... kind of our return show, we havent played out since early spring, some of us had alot of stuff going on so we had to put things on hold for a bit. Hopefully I dont fuck up too bad!

Comment

Working...
                            X