Twitchs Band in Indy Sunday the 28th of August 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twitchs Band in Indy Sunday the 28th of August 2011

Weve been in negotiations of sorts with the management company whos putting this on for a few weeks now, theyre gonna decide if they want to sign us for exclusive booking based on our performance at this show. It would be cool to have a few people out there to see us to help push things along. Theyve already gotten us booked at some great places, that pay, but we could get a lot more if they sign us for exclusive management. Help some fellow musicians out. Help whoever this lady is out.

I know its on a Sunday, but hell guys, Monday wont suck any less if you dont go to a show the night before.

HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Good luck Twitch. Knock em on their asses.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Thanks. MAJNH, Bratfink, Soap and I think there may be a couple Im forgetting, lets see some JCFers there. Don, you can come too, but I understand its a long drive. Straycat, any other Kentucky-uns, I know its a long drive, but fuck Monday.

EDIT: Chad, hes the other Indiana guy.

Comment

Any discounted T-shirts for JCFers?
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I think we maybe have 3 left. We plan on reordering in September. Id have no problem mailing a few once we get more though. Were probably going to do another round of hats too.

Comment

So which band are you? I just want to know who to throw vegetables at

We have band practice on Sunday arvo, we are prepping for our first show next Saturday. I'll talk to the guys and see if they want to come over afterwards and yell obsenities.

BTW, what style music is it?

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Any discounted T-shirts for JCFers?
              ron, your mockery is impressive!!! may i solict suggestions from you on how you managed to get your band's name out there? if my methods are exercises in failure, please school me, because all i am really after is making a successful band....
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Spanky's acoustic Mess, wow that's a hell of a name

Indy's to far for me, but kick some ass!!!!
                Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink View Post
                  So which band are you? I just want to know who to throw vegetables at

We have band practice on Sunday arvo, we are prepping for our first show next Saturday. I'll talk to the guys and see if they want to come over afterwards and yell obsenities.

BTW, what style music is it?
                  Bionic Monks, were just of a general metal genre. We use to have some punk influence, but its only apparent in two songs now.

Comment

Bumpedy bump bump. Shows tomorrow.

Comment

Tonight guys, fuck Monday(and Toejam). Lets see at least 1 JCFer out there.

Comment

The show went great. Still no word about the management company signing us, but we received mass kudos afterwards and the bar manager told Mitchell Entertainment that he wants us back for sure. In addition, with all the kudos received, ME has decided to rebook us at the venues they had booked us previously from Tuesdays to Friday nights now. We tore that place a new one and we heard about it afterwards!!

On a side note, my triple guitar stand decided to dump its contents onto the floor face first. My Kelly, DKMGTFF and the other guitarist Godin Freeway all hit the floor face first from about 3 feet. On inspection they all seem to have survived. No cracks, but havent checked the frets on any of them yet. Fucking bullshit!!!!!
                        Last edited by Twitch; 08-28-2011, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Any vids?
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah, theres video. From what I hear, the sound is poor. Im sure one will hit Youtube soon. Ill have pics soon as well.

Comment

Sorry we didn't make it.

We got done with practice at 7.30 and then had a discussion about the fact we seem unable to maintain a front man. The current one has gone awol. If this bullshit continues I think we might throw the towel in and just write material for other bands etc.

What triple stand are you using? (Just to make sure I don't use the same one!)

Comment

Working...
                              X