No announcement yet.

Twitchs Band in Indy Sunday the 28th of August 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on a successful gig! (And sorry to hear about the guitar stand.)
    My other signature says something funny

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink View Post
      Sorry we didn't make it.

We got done with practice at 7.30 and then had a discussion about the fact we seem unable to maintain a front man. The current one has gone awol. If this bullshit continues I think we might throw the towel in and just write material for other bands etc.

What triple stand are you using? (Just to make sure I don't use the same one!)
      No prob man, and it wasnt that the stand failed, one guitar fell out for reasons unknown and it caused the stand to lose its balance and dump the other 2. I dont know what brand right off hand, but its a 3 guitar hanger stand.
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Cliff View Post
        Congrats on a successful gig! (And sorry to hear about the guitar stand.)
        Thanks man.

Comment

Update on my guitars health after Sunday nights incident. Went to the studio tonight to start laying down solos, so I checked my guitars out.

The damage to my FF could have been worse but its not life threatening. The strings were smashed into the frets closest the nut so hard that there are imprints of the wraps. It still plays ok, but will need a recrowning for sure now, and by the time those dents come out, Im gonna have medium frets.

The Kelly fared better as the only issue with it was that the G string saddle moved up all the way and it seems to have some tuning stability issues now. Ill need to intonate it again, but thats easy. The stability issues Ill have to investigate further.

I checked the points of the headstocks, scarf joints, corners of the neck pockets, frets, tuners etc and see no fractures, cracks or breaks. Is there anywhere else I should pay special attention to when a guitar experiences hard trauma to the neck at a backwards angle??

Anyhow, heres the only pic I can find of the show so far. Its pretty lame, but it was taken during a song in which I do backup vocals. My dad came, but he didnt bring his camera this time, so Ill have to wait until ME releases there pics, if they do so.

Comment

This stand will prevent a properly placed guitar from falling forward in most cases....

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Thats what I wanted when I bought mine, just couldnt justify a bill at the time. Guess a fret job is gonna make me eat crow. Mines similar but doesnt have the spring loaded hanger.

Comment

Few, I have the herc stand. It is ace. I was getting all nervous that you had had a herc failure.

Just a quicky update for you Twitch. Our live show this Sat has become a live practice as a warm up band for the main event. Our vocalist is still in hiding, I have already interviewed another potential but they won't be available until Sunday at the earliest.

WTF is it with musicians in this area? They are sooo flakey, unreliable and generally fucking rude! We'll give it one more go, but I am pretty close to calling it quits.

Comment

Weve got a show in Greensburg Sat. Let me know where the warm up gig is at and Ill see if I can make it.

Comment

Well, Ive given it some thought, and Ive decided to retire the DKMGTFF from gigging. It just isnt worth it. Probably gonna swap the pickups over to the Kelly and make it my primary axe.

Comment

Working...
                    X