this is why I will never own a EVH painted guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is why I will never own a EVH painted guitar

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

because whenever you play ANY song but a van halen song, it just dont look right.

I know I guy that was in a cover band and he had a guitar painted up like EVH frankie, and it just looked odd as hell on stage, and they didnt even do any VH tunes.
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

i don't think there's anything wrong with it aside from the fact that this guy is shirtless and in leather pants in 2011

Comment

I'd like to think that EVH stripes are pretty dated as well, just like EVH.
      "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

I think they are timeless, and I'm not even rlly from that era (though I have a fond appreciation of EVH).

I was born in 84...

Comment

I wouldn't play anyone's signature guitar or whatever in any sort of performance other than in my bedroom or the studio unless it isn't something I'd do myself.

I don't know how to explain that really, but, Ed's paint job is Ed's paint job and I don't want it on my guitar. Some other signature guitars are not quite as personalized and make a great instrument that you don't feel like a huge tool/fanboy playing.
          Last edited by MakeAJazzNoiseHere; 08-31-2011, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Scarn View Post
            I think they are timeless, and I'm not even rlly from that era (though I have a fond appreciation of EVH).

I was born in 84...
            they are fine. but they are identified with EVH, and thats the problem. you cant take a EVH painted guitar and go out playing other bands tunes on, it just dont fit. it looks goofy as hell.
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Exactly. You get an EVH stripe-painted guitar to play old striped-era VH tunes. You don't play them on a Wolfgang, or on an SRV Strat, and you don't play SRV on a Frankie. You wanna play SRV, get a regular Strat or the SRV sig, not the Eric Johnson or Robin Trower or Dave Murray sig.

That's like walking out with a Cherry Red doubleneck Gibson SG and NOT playing the live version of Stairway. WTF?
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

To Hell with all of you!

MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Those EVH kramers were ugly back then
                  It's just wrong to play one guitar God's guitar and another's songs on it.
                  That's not Sully is it?(J/K sully)

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Scarn View Post
                    i don't think there's anything wrong with it aside from the fact that this guy is shirtless and in leather pants in 2011
                    He could be having a mullet and bright neon spandex pants in 2011

Comment

I'll play whatever I want
                      On whatever I want
                      Anytime
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ron,
                        Unless it's a v or rhoads it doesn't look right no matter what the finish is with you playing it.
                        If you still had all black guitars...
                        I'll play whatever I want
                        On whatever I want
                        Anytime
                        As long as it's black.

Comment

In addition to black guitars, I also have: green, white, red, and lavender
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Exactly Ron. Hell I've played van halen on everything from a strat to a jazz box who cares what ya play something on. It's about tone and feel anyway.
                            Gil

Comment

Once I learned every Van Halen song and solo I said I'd never play them again for anyone because I don't want to be seen as an Ed clone.
                              Jackson KV2
                              Jackson KE1T
                              Jackson KE1F
                              Jackson SL1

Comment

Working...
                              X