Holy Guitar Center.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Guitar Center.....

Wow. I definitely wont buy a guitar from there "new" after going there for the first time.

I saw a Les Paul Traditional and Standard, both "new", both in reachable height. I saw one teen grab the traditional and plug it into an amp just for fun for 15 minutes. He even sat it down for a minute to go talk to his friend and left it leaning against the amp. someone cold have easily knocked it over if they didnt see it. These guitars are being sold as "new" for "new" price. Pathetic. They even had a used lefty RR1 sitting on a floor stand.....yes where a 4 year old could touch it, knock it into it.

I am sure this was on a good day. Who knows what else people do to these "new" guitars everyday. I definitely am not buying a guitar from them that isnt ordered from the factory specifically for me. In fact, I won't even bother giving them my money in the first place after seeing how little they care for such nice guitars and let people just mess around with them even though they obviously have no intention of buying the products.

EDIT: I NEVER said people shouldn't be able to play a guitar before you buy, because that would be nonsense. I am talking about how they let people who obviously have no intention of buying the guitars just grab them and don't do anything about it. The kid who grabbed that traditional looked 14 and just grabbed it. He obviously had no intention of buying. They shouldnt let people play the guitars unless they ask first, and look like they are serious. I don't think I am being ridiculous in this thinking guys...
    Last edited by 3reach; 09-05-2011, 08:56 PM.

I walk into a store with Do Not Touch signs on the guitars and I walk right back out.

If people can't raise their kids right, it's not Guitar Center's responsibility.

However, if they hire idiots...
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I buy my guitars in hermetically sealed bags, and when I get them home I transfer them immediately to a sterile humidity-controlled glass case. I figure if I'm paying "new" prices for them I might as well start a museum.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
        I buy my guitars in hermetically sealed bags, and when I get them home I transfer them immediately to a sterile humidity-controlled glass case. I figure if I'm paying "new" prices for them I might as well start a museum.
        haha, bit far?

Comment

Not at all, i keep all my gear in a vacuum chamber and whenever i want to play one i have to don a spacesuit.
          Last edited by Devotee; 09-05-2011, 05:51 PM.
          It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
          ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

You do that too? And I thought I was the only one.
            "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
            I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

oxygen-free environment. Only way to go.
              750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
              Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                I walk into a store with Do Not Touch signs on the guitars and I walk right back out.

If people can't raise their kids right, it's not Guitar Center's responsibility.

However, if they hire idiots...
                I agree, I hate being told I'm not responsible enough to play one of the oh so valuable guitars on the wall. Gruhn's in Nashville has an attitude like this, and despite seeing a 3sc Anderson in TBS on Ash for a good price, I passed simply because of the fact that finding someone to get it down would be too much of a hassle and I have 3 strats anyway.
                I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                  Not at all, i keep all my gear in a vacuum chamber and whenever i want to play one i have to don a spacesuit.
                  Play one?

You guys are insane! It might get a little scratch or something!

Comment

...Meanwhile at 3Reach' place:
                    • Look... still has the old tag on, never even played it.
                    • [points his finger] You've never played...?
                    • Don't touch it!
                    • We'll I wasn't going to touch it, I was just pointing at it.
                    • Well... don't point! It can't be played.
                    • Don't point, okay. Can I look at it?
                    • No. no. That's it, you've seen enough of that one.
                    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I don't like Guitarget for a whole bunch of reasons, not just that one.
                      I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

You guys are being rather childish.

I NEVER said people shouldn't be able to play a guitar before you buy, because that would be nonsense. I am talking about how they let people who obviously have no intention of buying the guitars just grab them and don't do anything about it. The kid who grabbed that traditional looked 14 and just grabbed it. He obviously had no intention of buying. They shouldnt let people play the guitars unless they ask first, and look like they are serious. I don't think I am being ridiculous in this thinking guys...

Comment

I was at Sam Ash over the weekend, and one of my friends hung a high-dollar guitar back up on one of the low hooks. An employee pounced on him right away and chewed him out. I was impressed!

Comment

What I do is use GC as a place to try stuff out. Go play a nice guitar I've been thinking about, if I like it then I buy it online. Never bought a new guitar from GC and never plan on it. Strings, pedals still in boxes, stuff like that is ok. The GC by me has a ESP LTD V-50 with a HUGE chunk taken out of one wing. Looks like it was dropped from a good height and just snapped off a part of the wing. No discount or anything on it, still full price. It is a cheap guitar but it's still stupid, it's been there for over a year.

Now used is a different story, I'm expecting dings and the price reflects that.
                            1986 Aria Pro II Elite II
                            BC Rich NJ DLX Warlock bass
                            82-84 Burny LPC
                            90 Jackson Rhoads Pro
                            06 Dean CFH x2
                            11 Dean Rebel Custom
                            06 Dean DOFlame
                            09 Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
                            Dean D100 Dime amp
                            Eleven Rack
                            79 Furman PQ6
                            Peavey 6505+

Comment

I always try to look serious when I'm hanging out in guitar shops
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X