Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do the customs work?

Hey guys,

I'm planning to get something off eBay and the seller's located in China. (don't worry, it's not a guitar )

I would like to learn if I would have to deal with the customs or not. I mean do I have to go to the customs office or is it just that the shipping company charges them to me afterwards? And how much is the tax in percentage? (I'm gonna buy a 150-200 USD value item.)

I'm new to the US so I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks.
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Hey Norton, when did you move to the US?

Have you checked the US Customs website? They might have some information on dollar thresholds and things, when payment must be made, that sort of thing. So you know when & if you have to pay.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

It's been a month. I'm in grad school here (Penn State).

And I'll check the website,thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
        I'm planning to get something off eBay and the seller's located in China. (don't worry, it's not a guitar )
        What is it, you Communist-supporter you?
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          What is it, you Communist-supporter you?

It's a radioactive vacuum cleaner with a built-in hair dryer in it. Happy?

Comment

Nuclear Suck'n'Cut?
            Hail yesterday

Comment

I hear that customs work great, some say even better than a JB.
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                I hear that customs work great, some say even better than a JB.

No, they're all the same as the Korean Ibanez pickups. They just brand it SD and charge more for it.

Oh, and where is my tinfoil hat?

Comment

Generally you dont have to do anything... friend of mine had me order some plastics for his GSXR from China, and they were delivered just like any other package. We dont have customs fees here in the USA.

Now those plastics werent worth the carboard they were shipped in... total junk, we ended up fighting with them and eBay, finally had to send em back on our own dime which was NOT cheap, was a disaster. Ill never order from China again, and Id advise you to do the same.
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                    No, they're all the same as the Korean Ibanez pickups. They just brand it SD and charge more for it.

Oh, and where is my tinfoil hat?
                    Thats marketing for ya.

oh, I have your tinfoil hat, I wear it when I play guitar. it is the only thing that will keep my floyd in tune when I palm mute.
                    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Working...
                    X