Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one...

...who has a "rotating" guitar stock?

I have never really had very many guitars at once, but my God...I have had a lot pass through my hands!

It seems I am always wanting to try a different guitar. I suffer from G.A.S. for the broke-ass. I am always getting a new guitar and loving it, then I get bored and trade it for a different guitar. This keeps repeating in an endless cycle.

Sometimes it works out fantastic. Other times....not so much. I traded my favorite...my EDS KE3 and regretted that one. Luckily after several more trades, I was able to get her back, so that worked out in the end. But I have stupidly traded other guitars (and suffered the remorse later) that I will never see again...

Anyone else have the bad habit of being a "one at a time" guitar whore?
    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Sorry I can't relate to the "one at a time"! I have 11 electrics, 3 of which I'm using and can't seem to put down. My CS PC1(10-52,std tune), Pro. PC1(9-42 Drop D tune) and my Gibson LP R9(9-42 tune down half step). One I'm gonna take back to the shop, just haven't bonded with it. Two others I'm gonna sell, just don't play the enough and could use the cash to fundmy CS.
    The only one so far that I reget letting go would be a KV2 that I had. That thing sounded great! I have found what I like (PC1) and plan on ordering another CS with a couple of things changed from the production PC1.
    You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

nah, that's not me, neither. the most guitars i let myself have is 21. once i hit 21, i start thinning the herd.

i currently have 17 electrics and gig 15 of them. a long time ago i made a rule that if i couldn't use a guitar onstage, it was gone. the two that i don't gig with are an old ibanez RG560 that i burned ala hendrix and my brian moore. the ibanez has vintage pickups, a PAF out of a '61 LP and 2 original '55 strat pickups. it is such as awesome recording guitar but it is a bit fragile. the brian moore was bought for recording.

i rotate between the other 15 depending on the gig, venue, mood, etc. i used to bring around 7 guitars per show, but now i only bring 3 - my black LTD alexi (drop D), a floyded guitar (standard), and a fixed bridge guitar of some sort (strat, tele, LP) in case i break a string on either of the floyded guitars.

i have, however, traded off some great guitars in "the heat of the moment" and severely regretted it later. i traded a really nice burgundy mist jackson strat to jgcable for a marshall 3203. the head was nice, but man i miss that guitar. i wish i knew who had it now....

i also traded a superb jackson SL2H with blk ghost flames straight up for a nice SWR bass rig. my band at the time had broken up and i got a gig playing bass in another band. i needed a BIG rig quick. i have a friend that owns a little guitar shop that specializes in used gear, so i popped over there and we made a trade. i got fired from the bassist gig after a month because the guitarist wanted his brother to play bass. when i went back to get my SL2H, it was gone!!!!

i sold my euphoria PC-1 and really regret that too. i think a member here has it now, so at least i know it has a good home.

other than those three, i could really care less about the others i have sold....
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Dude you just described me I do it all the time, but I'm gonna stop....I don't like to own more then two and get nervous if I have more then that..I know alot have twenty or more, I kinda feel guilty about owning to many.
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

I've had 10 at one time. I'd have more if I could, but, those that I've not bonded with I sold off. The only regrets I have is a PS4 I sold to my wifes cousin and he ruined it, a KVX10 that had the thinnest neck of any J/C I've ever had, and a Concept JRR94 string thru that was just oh so sweet. I had an RR1, but it was of questionable origin, and I didn't bond with it because of the bad vibe/mojo, so it went quick. The Ibanez, LTDs, and Deans I just couldn't get a groove with.

I'm down to 3, but #4 will be here near Christmas, if it's not MIC (RRXMG.) If I don't like the reviews I'm ordering a CS RR, H/S, 24 SS fret, reverse abalone inlays, top mount OFR, and I'll wait forever to get it, this will be my first real USA.
          "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
            i kinda feel guilty about owning to many.
            what?

Comment

I have 12 at the moment and parts to build maybe another two or three.

There are 5 that will never leave me, but the rest of my collection I'm flexible with. Many have come and gone over the years.
              There are a couple I regret letting go.
              -Rick

Comment

I have 2. I have a new one coming on Wednesday, but one of the 2 is going out in trade for it.
                I can take a lot of pride in the fact that both of the ones I currently own (and the one coming in) are Jacksons.
                My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

Comment

I like to keep my guitars as long as possible, particularly as they are difficult to find as it is.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Well, duh, wilkinsi. I've seen your guitars.
                    I can't even afford to get one Warrior, much less one of every model, color and variant ever made!

Comment

2 WR1's, a 1990 USA Warrior and a 1991 Warrior Pro? :think: .
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Ive had 8 or 9 at once before, but only have 4 now. Once I get that many, many of them get traded for something else. I usually never let myself get below 2 though. I want more, but, like I said, once the numbers start to get up there, I tend to lump them into trades. Feeling pretty good right now though, as while I have four right now, theres only one I would even consider getting rid of for another piece of equipment(hardship not withstanding). Im thinking there may be another in the cards before the end of the year if I can find the money since the DKMGTFF has been retired to bedroom and studio use only.
                        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

The last pic I saw had 5 Warriors in it? :think:

Comment

OLD pic. . I sold the Trans Black WR1 a few months ago.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Old pic, but one you are still using, you Warrior collection inflater, you!
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X