NHL Hockey season 2011-2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL Hockey season 2011-2012

Surprised Atomic Tommy or Rupe haven't started a thread for this yet...

Watched the Leafs and Sens play a preseason game on the NHL network last night and damn am I glad hockey season is around the corner. Pens are looking pretty good, but I don't like the outlook for Sid starting the season right now. I do hope he makes a full recovery first, and it seems they're keeping a level head about him not pushing it until he's symptom free. Eastern Conference is going to be tough this year for sure.

Who else is ready for the start of the regular season???

busiest and best time of the year for me Razely, Football in high gear, baseball playoffs not far off, and the start of our beloved hockey,
    can you top that? no way.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Canucks and Flames split squad pre-season game is on TV tonight. Looking forward to checking out the new prospects and watching hockey!
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

pre-season hockey is not real hockey....tryouts for 23 man rosters

I'll be interested in NHL again on October 7th
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Ahh, damn it, not again....
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

And I'll be in NYC in mid October! Hope to catch a game or two (and a guitar or two).

Comment

This will be an emotional season with all the losses the sport has suffered.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

too much going on elsewhere right now,. we've got 7 2-0 teams in the NFL and 3 of them are in the AFC east.
                i got problems.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                  too much going on elsewhere right now,. we've got 7 2-0 teams in the NFL and 3 of them are in the AFC east.
                  i got problems.
                  that and the Yankees may have to face the Tigers in the MLB AL playoffs
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

Agreed Todd Datsyuk is wearing #24 in the preseason in honor of Ruslan Salei
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Got my tickets to COL v. DET on the 8th!

Pulling for my Bruins repeat though.
                      Jackson KV2
                      Jackson KE1T
                      Jackson KE1F
                      Jackson SL1

Comment

For the first half of the season my boys the Flyers were the best team in the whole league and were unstoppable. Then after Christmas break they went to shit like their goalies just frickin gave up. They sitll finished the season in a respectable place but this season with them getting rid of weak defenders and a shit goalie and strengthening defense and having a new goalie, I have high expectations for them this season.

And for the west I want to see Vancouver take it again - just so they can lose in the finals and burn their own city again. Vancouver really does suck.

Comment

Flyers sold off the core of their offense to FINALLY correct the most blatant flaw any hockey team could face. The flyers haven't built a balanced team since 1975. After decades of icing virtual all-star teams of skaters, they finally got it through their thick heads that no amount of offense will allow them to win cups until they get a GOALTENDER.

Fly haven't had a cup capable G since the venerable Bernie Parent.

Bryzgalov may solve that once and for all, but sans Carter and Richards it's gonna be tough to hang with the big boys.

Mitch
                          AxeD/Guitarsehole
                          Mitch
                          AxeDealers/Guitarsehole

Comment

Originally posted by modelseriesman View Post
                            Flyers sold off the core of their offense to FINALLY correct the most blatant flaw any hockey team could face. The flyers haven't built a balanced team since 1975. After decades of icing virtual all-star teams of skaters, they finally got it through their thick heads that no amount of offense will allow them to win cups until they get a GOALTENDER.

Fly haven't had a cup capable G since the venerable Bernie Parent.

Bryzgalov may solve that once and for all, but sans Carter and Richards it's gonna be tough to hang with the big boys.

Mitch
                            AxeD/Guitarsehole

Well hopefully their new goalie will be worth a shit

and for the record Carter was over-rated and didn't score too many points to really hurt the team with his absence.
                            Last edited by Sephiroth; 09-24-2011, 04:49 PM.

Comment

What is up with all of these suspensions? I'd say half of those hits looked perfectly legal to me.

Jagr looks surprisingly good. Hopefully he can keep it up through the season.

I hope Crosby comes back soon. Still, the Pens will be okay without him. Malkin is looking good and the rest of the team played well last year without either of them.
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X