No announcement yet.

NHL Hockey season 2011-2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This years going to be different.... GO LEAFS GO!

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
      What is up with all of these suspensions? I'd say half of those hits looked perfectly legal to me.
      Shanahan is a fucking headcase. I was a Devils season ticket holder when Shanny was a rookie playing 4th line LW. He's an asshole. If it's not about Shanahan, it simply isn't worth talking about. That's just the way he is.

Evidence to support this claim is everywhere. How about the fact that he has to make a video explaining how he arrived at the decision to suspend every one of these guys. As in, separate videos on the front page of NHL.com for EACH and every suspension. Oh and guess who they star? Shanahan. Talking all by himself. With the spotlight on him. He's a bitch. Always was, and apparently, wearing a suit is not going to change that.

It's all about Shanny. That's why.
      Mitch
      AxeDealers/Guitarsehole

Comment

lol I just forwarded original post and my reply to shanny via nhl.com
        Mitch
        AxeDealers/Guitarsehole

Comment

The video thing is Bettman's brainstorm. I'm pretty sure Shannahan doesn't really want to make them.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. = Brendan Shanahan is doing too much, Colin Campbell didn't do enough.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Yeah most of these guys are repeat offender knuckleheads. Get em off the ice before the teams start playing for real.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                Damned if they do, damned if they don't. = Brendan Shanahan is doing too much, Colin Campbell didn't do enough.
                No, no. Colin Campbell has always been horrible, too. Colin Campbell was a failure as a player. Failure as a coach. So why not put him in charge of the game itself? Incredible. Campbell did far too much meddling, too.

It's not in any way dissimilar to the NHL appointing Andy Van Hellemond head of referees. After all, he had just been fired as an on-ice ref for blowing a call that reversed the outcome of a playoff series.

The NHL has a knack for identifying that ONE individual least qualified to fill each executive position.
                Mitch
                AxeDealers/Guitarsehole

Comment

Actually, I like the videos. It clearly shows his reasoning and why the suspension was given out. I guess I just need to get used to the new part of the boarding rule. "The onus is on the player performing the check to avoid contact if the other player has his back to him".

Honestly, if they want the hitting to go down, they need to make the pads thinner. If it hurt the checker, then the checks just wouldn't be as brutal.
                  Scott

Comment

They should make em switch to these type of pads. They firm up based on the velocity of the hit but are otherwise soft....

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
                      Well hopefully their new goalie will be worth a shit
                      Told ya) Bryz is what the flyers have lacked for decades.
                      Mitch
                      AxeDealers/Guitarsehole

Comment

Wings off to a good start but expected against the Sens and Avs. They played back to back on Friday and Saturday and now don't play again until Thursday...nice scheduling NHL
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Same with the Blackhawks. A home and home vs the Stars (which I saw you posted a snippet from :| ) and then twiddling their thumbs until Thursday.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by modelseriesman View Post
                            Told ya) Bryz is what the flyers have lacked for decades.
                            Watch him crush under the pressure he's never had. Bryz never had the pressure to perform like he's going to have in Philadelphia.

Difference between Phoenix and Philly. Phoenix just worked to get into the playoffs. The Flyers are working to get back to the Stanley Cup finals.
                            I <3 DR Strings.

2007 Jackson KV2
                            2006 Schecter C1 Blackjack
                            Randall RG75G2
                            Line 6 PODxt

Comment

Originally posted by KingVee View Post
                              Watch him crush under the pressure he's never had. Bryz never had the pressure to perform like he's going to have in Philadelphia.

Difference between Phoenix and Philly. Phoenix just worked to get into the playoffs. The Flyers are working to get back to the Stanley Cup finals.
                              It's possible, but he's looked really good so far, especially against Boston (the Devils weren't able to get many good shots off). We'll see what he looks like at the home opener against the Sedins.
                              Scott

Comment

The Flyers won again last night. This pleases me. So far they're 3 - 0 after beating Vancouver last night. But having good starts to their seasons is never their problem. They started off last season on top too but choked and went to shit after the Christmas break ended.

Plus the Broons are not doing so good with currently being 1 - 3. They're not gonna defend the cup like that. I blame Chara. He's never worth a shit until playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X