• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    Fixed
    CLIP is easier to spell

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
      I thought I read that California was pretty easy minus a few restrictions.
      Naw, IIRC it's up to the sheriff in each county, so if you live in a rural county, it's easier.

However, in LA / OC (urban) it seems the only way to get a CCW is if you are in a high risk job, like jewelry salesman or something. You have to prove to the sheriff that you deserve one because of your job or situation. So, they are quite rare here.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

For proper property defense you should have a few of these....

FPSRussia Shirts: http://fpsrussia.spreadshirt.com/-C94489Twitter: http://twitter.com/THEFPSHOWFaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FPSRUSSIACLICK TO TWEET PLEA...
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

HellBro...that reminds me...I gotta mow the lawn!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            You have to prove to the sheriff that you deserve one because of your job or situation. So, they are quite rare here.
            Oh shit, I read about areas that are classified as "may issue" rather than "shall issue." Our CCW classes are taught by the sheriff's office, but our permits are issued by the state police. You'll get a kick out of this. The state does a complete background check which includes felony arrests, convictions, drug abuse, ongoing court cases, and even credit checks. When I called the state to inquire about my permit, they said that it was going through the last stage (the credit check). I told the lady that there is no way my credit is as bad as the federal government's credit rating, so go ahead and issue my permit!
            "POOP"

Comment

See...this is what you guys don't know. I fuck shit up. That's it!

I mean, I'll bust a cap in your ass before you can say WTF?

..and I'm a great shot under pressure.

These are facts..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I've seen a couple of comments about using buckshot for home defense. I've always thought that was the hot setup too. However, my CCW instructor told us that the best size shot for home defense is #6 followed by #4. Buckshot has a tendency to go through sheetrock walls and if your kids or spouse happen to be somewhere behind the bad guy, they may get splattered too.

So, in my Rem 1100, I want to punish the intruder first with a #6, then I want to make him cry out for his momma as I hit him with the #4, then it's lights out with three rounds of #00 (yes, I removed my plug).

Rehashing the debate over the .410 as a viable home defense pistol, I read an article last night concerning body armor that's available to the general public. The author made mention of the hot Winchester ammo designed for the Governor, The Judge, Cimmaron Derringer and a few others. Sure, #6 pellets bounced off and I'm sure #4s would too, but the three copper plated disks (approx. 36 caliber each) caused severe blunt trauma behind the vest. My Judge is loaded with two .45 Long Colt rounds followed by three Winchester PDX rounds. There is no doubt in my mind that from 15 yards on in, I can make a bad guy's belly look like last night's lasagna!
                "POOP"

Comment

Bing...hit 'em again. SEEGEE!! Bing..hit 'em again SEEGEE..until he stops with the sceaming. You're better off because he can't take you to court, because he's DEAD.

See, that's the most important part. Everyone left out the most importnant part. Criminal..especially CIVIL trail..FUGGUMS! I been there!!!

You see, I don't talk about shooting..I just do it..baddabing!

Comment

First thing our CCW instructor said to us. If you're not ready to kill someone and you're not ready to be sued by his/her family, I'll refund your money and you need join the ballroom dancing class next door.
                    "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                    X