No announcement yet.

Since other people are talking about...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since other people are talking about...

their other hobbies, this has kept me busy for the past few months.

I'm car 91. This was my best pass, but I just lost out to a LS7 vette at the very end of the track. I had him a few other races. I finished the day with 5 kills to 2 losses.
    Last edited by DonP; 09-25-2011, 06:10 PM.

Gorgeous! Even though Im a GM guy, out of all the new "retro" rebirth cars, the Challenger is the best looking hands down. I havent been to the track in a few years, I miss it so much, just life and buying guitars got in the way of cars. Ill get there maybe next year hopefully.

On a side note, thats a horrid 60' for that vette, that dude really needs to learn how to drive that car. He could be in the high elevens with that MPH if he knew what he was doing.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
      Gorgeous! Even though Im a GM guy, out of all the new "retro" rebirth cars, the Challenger is the best looking hands down. I havent been to the track in a few years, I miss it so much, just life and buying guitars got in the way of cars. Ill get there maybe next year hopefully.

On a side note, thats a horrid 60' for that vette, that dude really needs to learn how to drive that car. He could be in the high elevens with that MPH if he knew what he was doing.
      "out of all the new "retro" rebirth cars, the Challenger is the best looking hands down."

Concur wholeheartedly, Rob.

Don.. nice ride, nice digs, nice hood.
      Mitch
      AxeDealers/Guitarsehole

Comment

Very nice. How'd you get it down to 12.6?
        "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
          Very nice. How'd you get it down to 12.6?
          It wasn't too hard really. This was my first time ever to a drag strip. My first run was a 13.0 because I got scared and got off the accelerator before the end of the tract (didn't know where the finish line was)

All my other runs were in the 12's except for one where I gunned it too hard and pealed out. Most were around 12.8

Most of my peers on car forums are in the 12.3 range, so I have some work to do.

Some of the things I did wrong:
          Engine too hot. The run was right after a prior run with no cool down.
          Too much fuel. I had about a 1/2 tank
          Junk in the trunk. Had at least 3 folding chairs for going to cruise nights.
          Wrong Fuel - some guys are talking about oxygenated fuels (mainly BPP Racing fuel) with a high O2 content.
          Not enough miles on the engine: needs to loosen up more.

It was fun but man did I tear up the tires. I had mounds of rubber in the wheel wells. Need to get some low profile mud flaps.

Car is completely stock and just barely over 900 miles.

Comment

That's awesome. I remember reading about the SRT8s running high 13s. Thought maybe you had some goodies.
            "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

My `other hobby` is trolling car forums

Comment

grats on the run, my "other" hobby is a 2011 Mustang GT.

Ran a 12.55 last night. Track was 100 degrees, hot as hell, and my 6-' are shit still. Stall converter goes in today. Looking for 1.70 60', and hopefully 11's soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                  That's awesome. I remember reading about the SRT8s running high 13s. Thought maybe you had some goodies.
                  I think that was false info. Mid 12's are the average for a stock 392 like mine. My run was in 4th place but is getting pushed down farther and farther as the cold weather comes in.

The older 6.1L / 370's didn't have the wide torque band, and get in the low 13s. They can be tuned to get even better runs. Chrysler encripted the computer to prevent tuning 2011 models (until someone cracks the code).

Comment

Originally posted by rdamaral View Post
                    grats on the run, my "other" hobby is a 2011 Mustang GT.

Ran a 12.55 last night. Track was 100 degrees, hot as hell, and my 6-' are shit still. Stall converter goes in today. Looking for 1.70 60', and hopefully 11's soon.
                    Sounds like some good runs.

Is it rare getting a Mustang with an auto? It seems like most come with sticks.

Comment

chick car/10

Comment

i'm joking

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                          Sounds like some good runs.

Is it rare getting a Mustang with an auto? It seems like most come with sticks.
                          Sure, I'm cursed to have to buy auto's so the wife can join the fun too.

Once you gear them, and throw in a torque converter, it starts to get fun.

Back to the track this Saturday, I'm aiming for the 11's

Comment

DonP, I am a Mopar guy through and through, and that is lovely looking car:

But... please expain to me how this has taken months of your time if it is stock? Just saying.

Is it an auto or a proper gearbox?

I have a Magnum R/T that I am dying to throw the POS auto box out and replace with an SRT8 Challenger 6sp. Let me know if you see one lying around.

My current collection is:

73 UK (X35) Aussie Charger (yes you read that right).
                            66 Singer Vogue wagon.
                            05 Magnum R/T
                            04 Ram 2500 Diesel - not had this long but loving the big diesel and the 6sp manual!
                            97 Eclipse GSX - just been given this, I see a Bonneville racing project on the horizon...
                            Last edited by bratfink; 09-29-2011, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink View Post
                              73 UK (X35) Aussie Charger (yes you read that right).
                              66 Singer Vogue wagon.
                              What da heck do these look like, and do you have them in the US?
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X