No announcement yet.

Since other people are talking about...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I let my Platinum membership lapse so I can't post pics of mine, but here is a link to a site that sells Aussie muscle cars.
    Importers of the Australian Ford Falcon - Mad Max Interceptor, Big Bopper, Nightrider and other MFP vehicles. Informational site about Australian cars: VH Charger, Holden Monaro.

Here is a commercial for the Vogue:

And yes, I have them here in the US.

Comment

That wagon looks exactly like I thought it would!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink View Post
        DonP, I am a Mopar guy through and through, and that is lovely looking car:

But... please expain to me how this has taken months of your time if it is stock? Just saying.
        Months of enjoyment. It's taken fun time away from my other hobby, guitars.

Is it an auto or a proper gearbox?
        It's an auto. I have the same issue as rdamaral, a wife that can't drive a stick. But I am pretty happy with the auto. Most people with sticks have a hard time getting below the 13's. It's pretty impressive being able to go and buy a stock car and go to a drag strip for the first time and get into the 12's. But there are time I wish it was a stick. I have a stick in the 1990 Pontiac GTA (the wife hates it).

I have a Magnum R/T that I am dying to throw the POS auto box out and replace with an SRT8 Challenger 6sp. Let me know if you see one lying around.

My current collection is:

73 UK (X35) Aussie Charger (yes you read that right).
        66 Singer Vogue wagon.
        05 Magnum R/T
        04 Ram 2500 Diesel - not had this long but loving the big diesel and the 6sp manual!
        97 Eclipse GSX - just been given this, I see a Bonneville racing project on the horizon...
        I have a 1970 Challenger and the wife got a 2011 Ram Crew Cab (if I got a new toy, she had to get one too).
        And you can see the Tahoe (the bus) and the Acura TL Type S (the economy car) in the driveway as well.

Comment

I let my Platinum membership lapse so I can't post pics of mine
          You don't need a Pltimun membership to post pictures. My ISP gives me 25MB of free web space. I upload the photos there, and then link to here.

, but here is a link to a site that sells Aussie muscle cars.
          Importers of the Australian Ford Falcon - Mad Max Interceptor, Big Bopper, Nightrider and other MFP vehicles. Informational site about Australian cars: VH Charger, Holden Monaro.

Here is a commercial for the Vogue:

And yes, I have them here in the US.
          Cool cars. Mad Max was so cool back then. WTF happened to Mel?

Comment

Wow, looks like you're having too much fun there Don!
            Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
              Wow, looks like you're having too much fun there Don!
              Yep! Thanks EB.

Comment

12.44 Last week DonP...back to the track tonight. Hoping for an even better time.

Comment

Very Nice Don !!!

I don't screw around with tools and stuff..that's icky!!

But I'd race ya..that'll be fun!!!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    That wagon looks exactly like I thought it would!
                    In a good or bad way?

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                      Months of enjoyment. It's taken fun time away from my other hobby, guitars.
                      That makes sense. Drag racing is an addictive sport.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                        You don't need a Pltimun membership to post pictures. My ISP gives me 25MB of free web space. I upload the photos there, and then link to here.
                        I don't have an isp. I don't have internet. I do all my posting from work.

Comment

In a good or bad way?
                          Well, you probably know I'm fairly blunt, so: in a bad way! That thing's mugly!
                          Last edited by RacerX; 10-07-2011, 07:05 PM.
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Don you're in Cinci, and it is a lovely, beautiful day with plenty of sunshine. I'll be there in 15 minutes!!!

Leaving a trail of scorched earth from Clevo to Cinci..YEAAAAAHHH!!!

:idea:actually, that's not a bad idea! I have no plans...hmmmmmm..:think:

Did you know many people saw a fireball in Sandusky yesterday..that was me!!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Geeze Don, get a real vehicle. You may beat me in a 1/4, but mine looks manly and can fit two half stacks and two guitars in it, and thats just in the cab.

Oh, and it still gets like 22 on the interstate.
                              Last edited by Twitch; 10-07-2011, 03:06 PM.
                              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Twitchums..pick me up with your pickum ups. Did you see that movie "Due Date" with my dude riding in the bed with his french bulldog? Hittin' all the bumps and shit. I love that movie!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X