No announcement yet.

Since other people are talking about...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duuuuuuuuuudddddeee!!!!! That's my favorite car!!! I love the new Challengers! Wanna get an SRT/8 but have to save for my first run of hot sauce first. How do you like your Challenger? Meet expectations?

Comment

Originally posted by Annah View Post
      Duuuuuuuuuudddddeee!!!!! That's my favorite car!!! I love the new Challengers! Wanna get an SRT/8 but have to save for my first run of hot sauce first. How do you like your Challenger? Meet expectations?
      whooaaaa...wait a fuggin' minute Annah!! Is this some kind of Vanishing Point fetish? Do you want to be strapped to the hood while Don pegs it @ 140 MPH.. This makes me sad.

Is it because I don't have a top or windshield wipers..or not even a radio in my car? I was going to take you on a picnic with Pizza, and I prolly could fit a bucket o' chicken in the trunk..if Twitch comes the fuck out of there..wow

Just wow..

I'm yellow with Jealousy!!!

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
        Don you're in Cinci, and it is a lovely, beautiful day with plenty of sunshine. I'll be there in 15 minutes!!!

Leaving a trail of scorched earth from Clevo to Cinci..YEAAAAAHHH!!!

:idea:actually, that's not a bad idea! I have no plans...hmmmmmm..:think:

Did you know many people saw a fireball in Sandusky yesterday..that was me!!!
        Bill, It was stupid beautiful weather tonight. Went to one of the bigger cruise nights around here. Always a great time. I'm sure you guys have good cruise hangouts up there in Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
          Geeze Don, get a real vehicle. You may beat me in a 1/4, but mine looks manly and can fit two half stacks and two guitars in it, and thats just in the cab.
          Sorry to one up you, but I had a 1999 Z-71 and loved it, but when the lease was up it had to go back because of gas milage. The wife had to get a new vehicle too, and we are leaving Chevy and going Mopar, so she has a RAM 1500 Crew Cab, So yes, she can haul the cabs as I ride on in STYLE

And I guess you didn't see the Tahoe in the driveway.

Oh, and it still gets like 22 on the interstate.
          Gotcha there too The Acura gets 30 on the freeway and has 286HP under the hood. But no, it doesn't haul gear

There are many reports of SRT8's getting better than 22 on the Freeway, but not with me driving When I bought this car, gas milage was LAST on the list of considerations

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
            whooaaaa...wait a fuggin' minute Annah!! Is this some kind of Vanishing Point fetish? Do you want to be strapped to the hood while Don pegs it @ 140 MPH.. This makes me sad.

Is it because I don't have a top or windshield wipers..or not even a radio in my car? I was going to take you on a picnic with Pizza, and I prolly could fit a bucket o' chicken in the trunk..if Twitch comes the fuck out of there..wow

Just wow..

I'm yellow with Jealousy!!!
            Got some junk in your trunk?
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
              Sorry to one up you, but I had a 1999 Z-71 and loved it, but when the lease was up it had to go back because of gas milage. The wife had to get a new vehicle too, and we are leaving Chevy and going Mopar, so she has a RAM 1500 Crew Cab, So yes, she can haul the cabs as I ride on in STYLE

And I guess you didn't see the Tahoe in the driveway.

Gotcha there too The Acura gets 30 on the freeway and has 286HP under the hood. But no, it doesn't haul gear

There are many reports of SRT8's getting better than 22 on the Freeway, but not with me driving When I bought this car, gas milage was LAST on the list of considerations
              Saw the Tahoe(which will hopefully be my next purchase in the spring to replace the Taurus), wasnt sure if it was yours or not. My gas mileage was just a side note, but damn good for a full size.

Comment

Originally posted by Annah View Post
                Annah, it really is a fabulous car. The wife and I took Mopar's SRT Driving Experiance (sort of related to Petty Racing School). It was a great day of road racing these cars and hauling ass. SRT stuff is really made for the weekend racing warrior.

I have to admit my first car was a bronze 1970 Challenger in California back in 1984. I loved that car. That car went to so many concerts - Maiden many times (Long Beach Powerslave), Ozzy (Ultimate Sin), Deep Purple (Perfect Strangers), Stryper, Dio (Last in Line), Dokken, Aerosmith,...gawd I could go on and on. So many trips to the beach, etc.

This car recaptures that and a whole lot more. The old one was no sloutch, but this one is WAY faster and nicer. I remember being stuck in traffic for Deep Purple and having to turn the heaters on full blast in the SUMMER to keep the engine from overheating
                Last edited by DonP; 10-08-2011, 08:27 AM.

Comment

I get 45mpg on the highway, run 11s in the 1/4, but my big ass Jackson V case won't fit through the opening of my trunk. Fuckin' Hondas.....
                  "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Saw the Tahoe(which will hopefully be my next purchase in the spring to replace the Taurus), wasnt sure if it was yours or not. My gas mileage was just a side note, but damn good for a full size.
                    Way better than my Z-71. The Z-71 was fast, but I only got around 13-15mpg. That was a really great truck and it was tough not going Silverado again.

Comment

I hear you though about the R/T / SR/T stuff Don. I had a 98 Neon R/T for years. It would do a 100 mph 1/4 with me driving, and 120 all out, quickly and no problem whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                        Way better than my Z-71. The Z-71 was fast, but I only got around 13-15mpg. That was a really great truck and it was tough not going Silverado again.
                        Did you have a later round body like mine or the previous body? Makes ordering parts a bitch sometimes because they had both body styles selling new at the same time for that model year, which was the changeover year to the rounder style. Anyhow my point is, the newer 4.8s and 5.3s were purported to get similar mileage to the 4.3. The 5.7s(discontinued for the newer round style starting in 99) were horrible on gas.

Comment

Mine was the first year of that newer style like yours. 5.3L. The 4x4 probably killed the gas milage. At the time I got rid of it, gas was going up and up, wow, it was $1.79 a gallon The 5 year lease was up, so I let them take it back and I got a Saturn SL2 for gas milage and a 1990 GTA for fun.

Comment

I hate to say it but it just isn't worth having a truck with a V8 in it anymore. Not now you can get excellent diesels from all of the big 3.

My 04 Ram 2500 drove me to Bonneville (Utah) and back and made 23mph average. "Not that good", I hear you say. Ok, On the way there I was doing 65mph and part of the way towed 20 000 lbs with an average of 26mpg! On the way back I only had the bed filled with 2-3000 lbs, but did 85mph pretty much all the way, that is what pulled my average down.

I wonder if Gear Vendors do an overdrive for this trans? The motor has the torque to pull the higer speed at lower rpm, so 80mph @ 2300 rpm should be do-able.

I had F150's with both 5.0 and 5.3 before and whilst they were good trucks (great really) there is just no comparison to the Diesel. If only they would offer smaller diesels in the 1/2 ton class. The 2.7/3.0 from the Merc/Dodge Sprinter would be perfect in a 1500. You don't need the extra towing of the big 5.9/6.7 in that size truck.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                              Well, you probably know I'm fairly blunt, so: in a bad way! That thing's mugly!
                              Figured that's what you meant. I will hold my hands over the old girls ears so she doesn't get offended by your taunting.

Now Re-imagine it dropped 2" on 17" wheels (especially over those closed rear arches), all round disc brakes, independant rear susp, and a modern motor dropped in it.

Comment

Don the best car cruise/show..the largest gathering is in Brunswick! @ I-71S and Rt 303 in the Super K plaza every Saturday..depending on weather. The only place around that had other Cobras ..Austin Healys..old Jags, Ford GTs, Pantera ect. Everything is pretty "click" oriented..Mopars, Vettes, 'Stangs Classics up the ass stock and Hot Rods.. Even the bikes are Crotch Rockets on one side..Cruisers on the other. Pretty cool actually.

Maybe we could meet on a nice day. It's a longer haul for you. Approx 50 minutes for me.
                                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                                X