This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 gay kid kills himself after school refuses to stop bullying

Jamey Rodemeyer was 14-years-old and a victim of constant bullying.A few months ago he posted a beautiful, tearful "It Gets Better" video, but his time at school had not improved since its release. He committed suicide earlier this week.

Original video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pb1C...layer_embedded

I just don't understand why kids treat others till they get suicidal.... I just don't get why some kids are so malevolent.
    Last edited by 3reach; 09-26-2011, 10:36 PM.

Deleted
    Last edited by Grim; 09-26-2011, 10:41 PM.
    I like EL34s.

Comment

^ fixed

Comment

pretty gay

Comment

And in other news I'm sure several other gay, straight, bi, tri, omni-sexual, etc. people committed suicide recently too. Bullying is sad. Suicide is sad.

Comment

Alright, I generally try not to speak out about where someone posts their stuff, but seriously, pay the $15 and post this stuff in the Platinum section. This is like the third Platinum Section worthy thread started by you in the section of the forum that says no race, gender, political or religious view oriented stuff. This is the JCF, not *insert your crusade here* raising awareness forum. We all have our crusades and quarrels with how the world works, but this isnt the proper forum for that.

From K

Important information for all. (suggested reading)
            Political, Religious, Racial , threads have all been removed from this forum in the past. We have a rule specifically stating these types of posts are frowned upon because they are offensive to some and cause division among the members of this board.

Recently we removed a thread regarding Micheal Richards due to its incessant use of racial epithets. Once we remove a thread it is pretty irritating to see a new one of the same basic subject to be put in its place.

Bottom line is this..if the thread is moved then it is a dead issue not one to start a new discussion in. As of today the administration is adopting the following policy regarding these types of posts.

1st infraction~ 30 day automatic suspension without warning
            2nd infraction~ 1 year banning
            Final infraction~ Lifetime banning

Per our rules political and religious threads are not allowed here and racially driven posts have been added to that rule. The simple reason is that people get overly passionate about their views and this ends up causing battles amongst the membership. People have gone so far as to quit over it

If people feel the need to leave the JCF over the views that are driven down their throats from the people here, then the rules need to be enforced strictly without warning. I myself find it hard to believe in this day and age that a discussion needs to be protected by "freedom of speech" when it is offensive in nature to some members.

We do not discriminate here against

Race, Age, Gender, Sexual preference, or religious belief ..all people are welcome here.. please keep this in mind when you post whether or not your views might be considered offensive..

The Administration

EDIT: Id also like to add that I have NO PROBLEM with anyone gender, race, political and religious views. Im just the choir that hates being preached to. Im Christian and it pisses me off to no end seeing all the stupid "Jesus is coming" signs randomly hung on trees and telephone poles on my way to anywhere I seem to ever be going.
            Last edited by Twitch; 09-27-2011, 12:02 AM.
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

We'll if I'm back in my high school days and I'm getting negative attention from a particular group, I'm not sure hitting social media is going to do anything to lower that pressure. Also by offing himself, the bullys won, however evil and twisted they may be.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Generally i would say shitty parenting for the most part. Kids can be pretty cruel, and even more so if the parents aren't capable of actually raising kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                  Alright, I generally try not to speak out about where someone posts their stuff, but seriously, pay the $15 and post this stuff in the Platinum section. This is like the third Platinum Section worthy thread started by you in the section of the forum that says no race, gender, political or religious view oriented stuff. This is the JCF, not *insert your crusade here* raising awareness forum. We all have our crusades and quarrels with how the world works, but this isnt the proper forum for that.

From K

Important information for all. (suggested reading)
                  Political, Religious, Racial , threads have all been removed from this forum in the past. We have a rule specifically stating these types of posts are frowned upon because they are offensive to some and cause division among the members of this board.

Recently we removed a thread regarding Micheal Richards due to its incessant use of racial epithets. Once we remove a thread it is pretty irritating to see a new one of the same basic subject to be put in its place.

Bottom line is this..if the thread is moved then it is a dead issue not one to start a new discussion in. As of today the administration is adopting the following policy regarding these types of posts.

1st infraction~ 30 day automatic suspension without warning
                  2nd infraction~ 1 year banning
                  Final infraction~ Lifetime banning

Per our rules political and religious threads are not allowed here and racially driven posts have been added to that rule. The simple reason is that people get overly passionate about their views and this ends up causing battles amongst the membership. People have gone so far as to quit over it

If people feel the need to leave the JCF over the views that are driven down their throats from the people here, then the rules need to be enforced strictly without warning. I myself find it hard to believe in this day and age that a discussion needs to be protected by "freedom of speech" when it is offensive in nature to some members.

We do not discriminate here against

Race, Age, Gender, Sexual preference, or religious belief ..all people are welcome here.. please keep this in mind when you post whether or not your views might be considered offensive..

The Administration

EDIT: Id also like to add that I have NO PROBLEM with anyone gender, race, political and religious views. Im just the choir that hates being preached to. Im Christian and it pisses me off to no end seeing all the stupid "Jesus is coming" signs randomly hung on trees and telephone poles on my way to anywhere I seem to ever be going.

except this has nothing to do with that. Its a kid who committed suicide.

Comment

Originally posted by 3reach View Post
                    except this has nothing to do with that. Its a kid who committed suicide.
                    Not even gonna try to explain how thats not the reason you posted it. Theres a little qualifier in the title that speaks otherwise.
                    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Go find a Rsmacker thread please!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                        Not even gonna try to explain how thats not the reason you posted it. Theres a little qualifier in the title that speaks otherwise.
                        I can see why you don't like it. You are another christian bigot.

Comment

Originally posted by 3reach View Post
                          I can see why you don't like it. You are another christian bigot.
                          Damn dude, you truly are far worse than those who YOU "claim" to be bigots and whatever else, your attitude really sucks, not only are you an asshole (which can be forgiven and looked beyond) but you are a hypocrite AND an Asshole. You make it really tough to put those things aside and be likeable at all. Why don't you just stick to guitar here? Enjoyed your playing, your mouth and attitude is horrible. Do some soul searching, not all Christians, or Conservatives or whatever else you seem to have pre conceived notions about are what you think,..again Asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
                            Damn dude, you truly are far worse than those who YOU "claim" to be bigots and whatever else, your attitude really sucks, not only are you an asshole (which can be forgiven and looked beyond) but you are a hypocrite AND an Asshole. You make it really tough to put those things aside and be likeable at all. Why don't you just stick to guitar here? Enjoyed your playing, your mouth and attitude is horrible. Do some soul searching, not all Christians, or Conservatives or whatever else you seem to have pre conceived notions about are what you think,..again Asshole.
                            the vast majority of christians are bigots. Its a fact.

Comment

I'm a satanist, and I hate bullies. But what if you're a satanic, gay bully...like myself?

Yes, I've been married forever. But I'm thinking about...Johnny Depp.

3reach...do you look like Johnny Depp??!!
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X