Dave Mustaine: "God created whammy bars for people who don't know how to solo"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, Twitch!

And Megadeth has always been better than Metallica!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
      I think Dave M is an asshole.... but I do not think either Metallica or Megadeth suck at all. Even though they haven't put out anything I want to listen to in years... they still don't suck.

That like when people say the Yankees suck... just because you don't like them doesn't mean they suck. (And I hate baseball and really all sports--especially that repulsive Nascar crap).
      So you think Nascar is repulsive, but you dont hate it? Im confused. There seems to be some Jedi present here in this thread.
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

One last thing...

Tony Iommi invented thrash with Symptom of the Universe

But Dave Mustaine carried it into maturity
        "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

When I said "they are both sellouts", I was going by the brilliant logic of the metal community. I don't think making money is selling out. But if others want to call bands out for selling out, when the other band is doing the same damn thing, then they both must be sellouts according to the metal logic.

Do you get what im saying?
          Last edited by 3reach; 09-29-2011, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
            One last thing...

Tony Iommi invented thrash with Symptom of the Universe

But Dave Mustaine carried it into maturity
            And then that guy from Dream Theater went and blew up the world with his 2 million notes per second. There, this post makes as much sense as anything else in this thread. Damn Jedi mind tricks.

Comment

Originally posted by 3reach View Post
              When I said "they are both sellouts", I was going by the brilliant logic of the metal community. I don't think making money is selling out. But if others want to call bands out for selling out, when the other band is doing the same damn thing, then they both must be sellouts according to the metal logic.

Ok, orientation is starting to come back to me, so you were being facetious. Ok. Your logic has fooled me in the past though, so I could only assume you were actually contradicting yourself again.

Comment

These are not the droids you're looking for.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	obi-wan.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	2445632

Comment

you guys always throw my threads off topic ;(

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	storm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	2445633

Comment

you guys always throw my threads off topic ;(
                      Welcome to the off topic section, where the threads are off topic and the threads topic gets thrown off topic.

Comment

And generally the more controversial the thread, the more off topic it seems to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                          Welcome to the off topic section, where the threads are off topic and the threads topic gets thrown off topic.
                          Well, is it off topic to talk about things that are off topic which are off topic to my OP since this is in the off topic section?

Comment

You are saying what Tool says in the song "Hooker With A Penis" (sort of)

Comment

Well, is it off topic to talk about things that are off topic which are off topic to my OP since this is in the off topic section?
                              Damn thats a good one, Im going to say yes.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                                Yeah, what year was this?

Though I agree the whole Chris is better than Marty thing was disrespectful... better is all subjective. While Chris could play faster and more precise than Marty, Marty was the one who wrote solos people remember, and to me thats what counts. As much as I like Chris' playing, I really dont remember any of his solos from Endgame. Theyre more about squeezing in as many notes as possible, not feeling. When you hear Marty play, you KNOW its him. When you hear Chris play, you just hear a shredder.

I don't remember any Megadeth song in general since Killing is my Business... :-)
                                2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                                Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Working...
                                X