Dave Mustaine: "God created whammy bars for people who don't know how to solo"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
    So you think Nascar is repulsive, but you dont hate it? Im confused. There seems to be some Jedi present here in this thread.
    Where did I say that I don't hate it? "That like when people say the Yankees suck... just because you don't like them doesn't mean they suck. (And I hate baseball and really all sports--especially that repulsive Nascar crap)."
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Back on topic....

Apparently I (all of a sudden) actually CAN solo! According to Mustaine's prior logic, since I prefer my SLS that's got a TOM bridge and stop bar to my Floyd Rose equipped guitar, and when I do play with the "FLoyded" guitar, I don't use the trem arm.

Hot damn, I'm a better guitarist than I thought!!!!
      My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
        Where did I say that I don't hate it? "That like when people say the Yankees suck... just because you don't like them doesn't mean they suck. (And I hate baseball and really all sports--especially that repulsive Nascar crap)."
        Sorry, yup, wrong word. So you think Nascar is repulsive but you dont think it sucks? There we go.
        Last edited by Twitch; 09-29-2011, 05:17 PM.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by DalyTek View Post
          Back on topic....

Apparently I (all of a sudden) actually CAN solo! According to Mustaine's prior logic, since I prefer my SLS that's got a TOM bridge and stop bar to my Floyd Rose equipped guitar, and when I do play with the "FLoyded" guitar, I don't use the trem arm.

Hot damn, I'm a better guitarist than I thought!!!!
          Just as well, you cant do double stops on a floyd anyhow.

Comment

Sorry, yup, wrong word. So you think Nascar is repulsive but you dont think it sucks? There we go.
            Not at all. I despise it but it can't suck because there is an amount of talent invloved in doing what they do. Is this for some reason a difficult concept to understand?
            "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

I find in hilarious that the modern day guitar player/ internet music critc says shit like "------ is a great player, but he`s nothing amazing"...

Seems now albums with great songs and great playing does`nt pull a lotta cred in the online guitar communities...

Everything now has to be AMAZING... lol
              Last edited by Mr Sandman; 09-29-2011, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
                Not at all. I despise it but it can't suck because there is an amount of talent invloved in doing what they do. Is this for some reason a difficult concept to understand?
                No, I get what youre saying. Just trying to keep the momentum of this thread up. Gotta keep the contradictions flowing. I posted one at your expense, sorry. Ive posted over 20 times today, mostly in this thread. This thread is gold for post count.

Comment

On the issue of Chris B Vs Marty, and the basic idea that being able to create a memorable solo is a key feature that constitutes a great lead guitarist,
                  and adding in the general flung around opinion that Kirk Hammet sucks on lead guitar. Wouldn't that be untrue since Kirk Hammet has created some of
                  the most memorable solos in metal and Chris Broderick has not, at least yet? I mean i'm not a huge Metallica fan anymore nor was i ever really over wowed by Kirk Hammet, but i have never thought the guy sucked. I think that saying that is just kind of retarded. I'd be honored and stoked to meet or jam with the guy any day.
                  I can't recall a single Chris B solo, and listening to him it could well be any one of a million guitar players out there.
                  In fact i think Daves better than Chris Broderick if that's the case... shit even Hetfield can write a damn good solo.

Oh and for something more off topic...
                  Bank of America is going to start charging for using a debit card for purchases.. fuck B OF A. I been heated to dump em for awhile, for sure by next year when that goes into effect, i'm done with em. /Rage
                  Last edited by Trem; 09-29-2011, 05:34 PM.

Comment

No, I get what youre saying. Just trying to keep the momentum of this thread up. Gotta keep the contradictions flowing. I posted one at your expense, sorry. Ive posted over 20 times today, mostly in this thread. This thread is gold for post count.
                    I see. I was clearly confused. Sorry about that. The original poster got me all irritated.....sad excuse, but certainly true enough...

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
                      Bank of America is going to start charging for using a debit card for purchases.. fuck B OF A. I been heated to dump em for awhile, for sure by next year when that goes into effect, i'm done with em. /Rage
                      My Ivytech(college) bank account charges me like 50 cents if I use my PIN with the associated debit card, but if I run it as credit, I dont get dinged. By all means, B of A blows, drop em, but in the mean time, see if using your card as credit bypasses their fees.

Comment

My Ivytech(college) bank account charges me like 50 cents if I use my PIN with the associated debit card, but if I run it as credit, I dont get dinged. By all means, B of A blows, drop em, but in the mean time, see if using your card as credit bypasses their fees.
                        Hmn, maybe. I do use it as credit for most stuff cept like groceries. I still hate them, i hate banks in general, always have. I didn't get a bank account till i was 35, that's how much i hate them. Basically was forced the way things are now there's really no way around it. I mean you could go without, but no matter what when you want to cash a check your going to get charged from anywhere money tree, or the bank it's written on.. whatever. Ack, i just fucking hate em. HATE HATE HATE. Now if you'll excuse me i gotta go put some water in Buck Nasties moms dish.

Comment

On the issue of Chris B Vs Marty, and the basic idea that being able to create a memorable solo is a key feature that constitutes a great lead guitarist,
                          and adding in the general flung around opinion that Kirk Hammet sucks on lead guitar. Wouldn't that be untrue since Kirk Hammet has created some of
                          the most memorable solos in metal and Chris Broderick has not, at least yet? I mean i'm not a huge Metallica fan anymore nor was i ever really over wowed by Kirk Hammet, but i have never thought the guy sucked. I think that saying that is just kind of retarded. I'd be honored and stoked to meet or jam with the guy any day.
                          I can't recall a single Chris B solo, and listening to him it could well be any one of a million guitar players out there.
                          In fact i think Daves better than Chris Broderick if that's the case... shit even Hetfield can write a damn good solo.

He was in Jag Panzer since '98. He's created some amazing "memorable" solos....as did Joey Taffola. The fact is folks must be familair with them. To hear them as much as Marty's. That would be a fair, and logical...well these are facts!
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hmn, maybe. I do use it as credit for most stuff cept like groceries. I still hate them, i hate banks in general, always have. I didn't get a bank account till i was 35, that's how much i hate them. Basically was forced the way things are now there's really no way around it. I mean you could go without, but no matter what when you want to cash a check your going to get charged from anywhere money tree, or the bank it's written on.. whatever. Ack, i just fucking hate em. HATE HATE HATE. Now if you'll excuse me i gotta go put some water in Buck Nasties moms dish.

yeah the Big Monster Mega Banks suck balls. I have a Wachovia/Wells Fargo account and also a State Employees Credit Union account which is awesome. I am slowly transitioning everything over to the credit union.
                            2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                            Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

I know all about Trembelos, virtuosos, arpeggios. I can do it all.

"clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Chris Broderick is a pretty amazing guitarist technically. Most "solos" to me are just wanking and are pointless to me if they don't serve the melody or harmony, or at least some textural/sound effect purpose.
                                2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                                Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Working...
                                X