Dave Mustaine: "God created whammy bars for people who don't know how to solo"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3reach View Post
    fellow musicians \=/ people who discriminate others based on how they are born

great comparison

Way to not get it, kiddo.

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    And Megadeth has always been better than Metallica!
    Always has been, always will be.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post

Way to not get it, kiddo.

Always has been, always will be.

imo nothing Megadeth has ever done can begin to come close to Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning. Well, in all honesty the same could be said of Metallica's later catalog as well. hehe Metallica started being "questionable" on And Justice for All... (maybe if they remixed it and actually put bass in it I would count that album) THe Black album is well produced but is indeed a "sell-out". I remember vividly Metallica saying they would never put out a music video or sell out. When I first saw the video for One on MTV and subsequently them playing the MTV Award show the same year I knew the end was nigh.
      Last edited by Animus; 09-29-2011, 07:25 PM.
      2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
      Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
        I know all about Trembelos, virtuosos, arpeggios. I can do it all.

Please "tone", teach me more about, "trembelo" I must know more about the "blues chatter" and be able to double bend on a whim. Please OBTone you are my only hope.
        You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

Again..everyone know Metallica and Megadeth..that's cool!

Do you know Jag Panzer's bod y of work. Honestly I don't think Marty couldn't learn Jeff Loomis' solos note for note..like Chris B did. He did them soooo well. Jeff let him play 30-40% of his solos..ya think? He's an amzing player..musically. Do some research!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by SixstringKing View Post
            Please "tone", teach me more about, "trembelo" I must know more about the "blues chatter" and be able to double bend on a whim. Please OBTone you are my only hope.
            "be the ball, Danny"

"clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
              He was in Jag Panzer since '98. He's created some amazing "memorable" solos....as did Joey Taffola. The fact is folks must be familair with them. To hear them as much as Marty's. That would be a fair, and logical...well these are facts!
              I remember Jag Panzer from way back in the 80's, actually didn't know they were still around till it was mentioned before Broderick was in that band. Didn't know Joey Taffola was with them either, he was pretty good, i haven't heard him in a long time though since his shrapnel Out of The Sun album was it called?
              But yeah it would be fair to say he hasn't been heard as much as someone like Hammet, but hearing him now doesn't change that idea, he can shred, he's great of course, i was just making a point that Hammet however average he may be has a pretty damn good body of work and certainly doesn't suck.

Comment

"be the ball, Danny"

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Animus View Post
                  imo nothing Megadeth has ever done can begin to come close to Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning. Well, in all honesty the same could be said of Metallica's later catalog as well. hehe Metallica started being "questionable" on And Justice for All... (maybe if they remixed it and actually put bass in it I would count that album) THe Black album is well produced but is indeed a "sell-out". I remember vividly Metallica saying they would never put out a music video or sell out. When I first saw the video for One on MTV and subsequently them playing the MTV Award show the same year I knew the end was nigh.
                  Most guys I know include AJFA but I agree. I think Metallica started sucking without Cliff. Their arrangements were terrible. Kill 'Em All, Ride The Lightning, and Master of Puppets were awesome, though. Hell, Kirk's solos are even pretty damn good.

Comment

Hell, Kirk's solos are even pretty damn good.
                    you mean he used to do guitar solos?

Comment

"be the ball, Danny"

I can be the ball, but on 3reach's deathbed will he gain total consciousness??

Comment

SO lets Dance!!!!!!!

Comment

On topic, blah, blah, and more blah. Translation = POOP
                          "POOP"

Comment

SO lets Dance!!!!!!!

Rather have a beer!

Comment

Originally posted by SixstringKing View Post
                              Rather have a beer!
                              Yes, have some.

Comment

Most guys I know include AJFA but I agree. I think Metallica started sucking without Cliff. Their arrangements were terrible. Kill 'Em All, Ride The Lightning, and Master of Puppets were awesome, though. Hell, Kirk's solos are even pretty damn good.

Yes, Cliff was a big loss in many ways for them. When I had heard Cliff was killed I remember almost starting to cry. I was a big Metallica fan around that time. I really don't think Cliff would have let the band go in the direction they did. He was the most hardcore of all of them it seemed.
                                2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                                Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Working...
                                X